Looking for a home...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    That's right, I'm looking for a home.

Either rental or a purchase.

I'd like to be in/near BR, South-East section preferably.

If a house I'd like to be somewhere between BR & Walker, the farther away from BR the bigger the yard... Apx $100k or less(Yes I know, fat chance)

If buying rental property(Town House, Condo, Duplex, Fourplex, Apartment), I'd like it near Downtown, LSU, Bluebonnet/Jefferson...same price range as house.

Due to the completely unrealistic financial requirements for finding a decent house/rental property in a decent area...

I am also looking for a nice place to rent that is Near Bluebonnet/Jefferson, apx $600mo give or take a bit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. :)

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    how do you feel about an apartment? is it completly out of the question? there are some 1bed room condos to be had for less than 80k

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm not against it but 2brm is better...most definitely.

Even if I rent I'll try to get a 2brm/1ba, unless its just out of the price range.

Where do you have in mind?

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    there is a one bed room about to come up for sale in bocage condos on jefferson at lobdell, 760sq/ft, nice little apartments. also there are some for sale on bluebonnet near airline, they are on some lake. those are pretty nice too. all in the 70ish to 100ish range

AfterShock

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    friend of mine said that he just bought his son a condo in some red brick condos next to Catholic High School for $120k and that they are very nice b/c the owner just remodeled them. Short drive to LSU :)

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Tuscan villa on siegen just opened, two of my good friends are courtesy officers there. The new complex on siegen at cloeverland should be opening soon.

Just move into St. Jean apartments, you'll probably finally get to shoot someone!

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    What is the street that runs from Gonzalez to BR? It comes out right in front of Bruno's and Fred's. There was some nice ones going up on there not far from Bruno's

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    A friend of mine is renting out his house off of Millerville (off s.flannery) nice little house in a cul de sac, no clue how much

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I know there's a house for lease down the road from mine on Associate Dr in Baton Rouge. Otherwise there are many homes in Old Jefferson that range from $120 - $150. I know that's outside your initial budget but just throwing that out there. Nice neighborhood, Kleinpeter Substation down the road and all other kinds of goodies.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Nah, I got an apartment off of College Dr.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the input.

I'll be looking again in June, I wont renew my lease at the new apartment...that I havent moved into yet, lol.

firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    What is the street that runs from Gonzalez to BR? It comes out right in front of Bruno's and Fred's. There was some nice ones going up on there not far from Bruno's

That is La-42 ! I have a house for sale about 1/2 way between Bruno's & Fred's, Brick home on Large Lot 95'X437'X63'X428' (no restrictions)Asking $125,000.00

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    i can get you a 3 bedroom 1 bath in gonzales for $115,500 on a 50X120 lot or the same house near hammond on a 80x200 lot fully fenced for $116,600. I also have that house in the Walker area for $111,800 on a 50X150 lot. house is 1002 sq ft of living space and includes a 1 car carport. six month build time would put you in in june. pm me if interested.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom