looking for a place to test out some new gear

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    i'm looking for a place somewhat close to test out some new camping equipment. ideally i would like to do a short and easy 2 night hiking trip but i cant really think of any place within 100 miles or so that would be worth it. i would like to avoid big RV parks and campgrounds with playgrounds and such.

anyone have any suggestions? i would really rather not have to drive 10hrs just for a quick test trip, i'd like to keep it close.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    not sure of any place as remote as you'd want.

I know that there's a park in Clearview, MS that has an awesome moutain bike trail and campground sites. Would make for good hiking and camping.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I might could arrange something at my hunting lease, property is 685 acres shaped about 1 1/2 miles N to S, 1/2 mile wide, lots of hills, surrounded by gravel roads (so you can't get too lost as long as you stay in the same direction). There is old logging trails through some of it, some of it is pretty virgin (we haven't even gotten into some to scout for deer sign). Located in Catahoula parish

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Unfortunately, only a 10 mile section of Black Creek Trail has officially reopened. From what I've heard its not all that well maintained either, expect to do some scrambling over logs, etc.

For the more adventurous I haven't heard anything yet about the closed sections. I bet those are some interesting hikes!

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I'm a little late here but one of the best and rugged( it actually has rock outcrops and boulders) is the Backbone trail in Kisatchie National forrest not far from Alexandria, it is unlike anything else in Louisiana.

Top Bottom