Looking to buy a cheap pistol delete I found one thanks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

o gambit o

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    My dad is looking to buy a cheap pistol.because he want to go with me to get a concealed perment. So let me know what you have! Thanks

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    You'll be much better suited to list what you consider cheap. Also what kind of pistol you're looking for would narrow things down as well. If your dad has no idea then I'd suggest doing some research and even trying some out at a local range before making a decision on a carry weapon.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a class scheduled for 2/5. I will have a lot of guns there for him to "feel out." It is highly advisable for him to make a well informed purchase based on applicability than on price alone. Once he knows what he wants, then a little bit of shopping around and maybe a little bit of compromise will get him a much better deal that he will not regret later.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51121

o gambit o

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    My dad has one revolver but he is looking for a semi and he's not looking to spend alot. I have a a good amount of pistols. The place that we are going to go is $60 perperson and he knows he can use one for my, but he wants to get one so he can get use to it befor we go the the class. But thank

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    My dad has one revolver but he is looking for a semi and he's not looking to spend alot. I have a a good amount of pistols. The place that we are going to go is $60 perperson and he knows he can use one for my, but he wants to get one so he can get use to it befor we go the the class. But thank

Where sre you going for 60.00 per person?

o gambit o

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    It's me my dad and a group of his friends it's a group discount we there is a group of us going and the lady told my dad if we all go at the same she will charge 60 perperson

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    2 things that I would not go cheap on would be my Concealed carry weapon and the class. You should look into the instructor and make sure that you will be getting proper instruction. The class is about alot more than getting the piece of paper. What you learn there can keep you out of prison. Also, I would not go cheap on a pistol that could possibly save my life, but thats me.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    2 things that I would not go cheap on would be my Concealed carry weapon and the class. You should look into the instructor and make sure that you will be getting proper instruction. The class is about alot more than getting the piece of paper. What you learn there can keep you out of prison. Also, I would not go cheap on a pistol that could possibly save my life, but thats me.

This

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Since he has a revolver and is likely used to it, he should probably use it for the class. I would suggest going to a range to try out some rentals to get an idea for what he likes.

Also, if he is comfortable with a revolver, he might want to go the 5 shot snubnose route. There are very light ones available and they are easy carry.

If he wants a semi, he should shoot some and consider how he will carry it before he decides.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Get a S&W Sigma. Cheap.

^^^^^
    What he said.
    I bought a used one, had some problems with the striker, called S&W to order parts and they had me send it in. They fixed it for free.
    You might find a deal on something else but the Sigmas are the only decent auto you can find consistently under $300.

You don't need a $800 custom chrome fancy gun. But, you don't want a Hah-Pernt, either. $300 is reasonable for a decent used auto and there are $300 Sigmas a plenty.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrGlock
    Top Bottom