Looooooong Form 4 Wait Times

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Any body seeing Eform 4 approved yet. getting close to the 90 days (so said) for the first ones submitted.

None yet, sir. E-Forms opened up a few days before Christmas, so you are correct that we are getting mighty close to the three month par time that ATF has always said is their “goal”.

We’ve seen eFiling F4s and electronically transmitting fingerprints since they allowed us to start doing so. We are anxiously awaiting the first approvals.

My background is as a title attorney and I wrote the NFA branch years ago telling them they need to apply our search techniques to their NFA processing. When we run a property, our search has an effective date. If that file comes back through later, we can pull our old search and just run the title from that old effective date through the current one because we have already cleared everything prior to the old effective date. No reason to start from scratch each time.

Unfortunately, ATF does start from scratch each time. However we are hoping with these things eForms indentifiers that they won’t have to do that and thereby speed up the process.

Bureaucrats don’t really care about being efficient because it’s hard to do new things and they get paid the same amount no matter what. In the real world we get paid on results and performance. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I updated the post to reflect the time the stamp actually arrived at the dealer.
    We're talking about the "USPS" here. Not the most efficient method of transport but the one the govt uses.

With Eforms back in the game, the times should go down. I'll report when that one comes in.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    These were posted on Facebook. Form 4 efile.

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20220315-122524_Facebook.jpeg
      Resized_Screenshot_20220315-122524_Facebook.jpeg
      228.1 KB · Views: 131
    • Resized_Screenshot_20220318-171144_Facebook.jpeg
      Resized_Screenshot_20220318-171144_Facebook.jpeg
      174.8 KB · Views: 134

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    My buddy did eforms in January got his can in 2 1/2 months. I did mine February 2 so hopefully I am close

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    My buddy did eforms in January got his can in 2 1/2 months. I did mine February 2 so hopefully I am close
    Mine was submitted February 3rd, but no approval yet. I've seen a bunch of people in other forums saying theirs took about 73 days

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    It has been 15 days since my Form 4 was approved. Still waiting for the magic call that my tax stamp and form are in. Not that I'm counting or anything ...

Mike

Mike,

For some reason since this whole COVID debacle started, ATF mailing has been extremely slow. It used to be that you could request a certified copy of the form 30 days after approval and I know they had pushed that (at least temporarily) to 60 days, which is preposterous.

The dealer sends two original forms to the ATF and they stick a tax stamp on each one. They then stick one in the file and one in the mail. We have had a situation occur on multiple occasions where we requested a certified copy of the approved Form 4 and had the original arrive within a few days and the certified copy a week later. This is not coincidence. It is because both copies went into the file instead of one being mailed. I’m order to cover their tracks when we request the certified copy and they open the file to see two originals they mail one original and then a certified copy a few days later.

Addressing what another poster said about Silencer Shop not sending all the info, it is absolutely possible that they screwed up, but it is also possible that the eForms system ate it. I have numerous dealer friends who do impeccable work in other states that have reported that happening.

E-filed forms are rolling in fast now and we get gobs of paper every day. While the eForms transition has been an abject nightmare for dealers, we are getting through it with a smile as we know it will make for faster turn times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom