Looooooong Form 4 Wait Times

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    File a paper form 4 last November, so I’ve been waiting a little over a year now. Called ATF to check status. They said they couldn’t find my paperwork for serial number I gave them. Called my FFL and come to find out he entered the wrong serial number on paperwork.

Anyone know how long this kind of mishap will set me back?!

2aadvocate19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    Lake Charles, LA
    File a paper form 4 last November, so I’ve been waiting a little over a year now. Called ATF to check status. They said they couldn’t find my paperwork for serial number I gave them. Called my FFL and come to find out he entered the wrong serial number on paperwork.

that sucks.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge

This all depends on when it was resubmitted. I mentioned that I had two e-forms submitted on March 14 & 28th…well that’s because of the idiot that submitted them wrong. Since they were electronic it was easier to correct and he was notified sooner. The paper forms can take 30-45 & even 60 days to get kicked back and your process starts all over and you may never know this happened unless the FFL tells you. This happened on my first & only paper submission and it added a full 2 months bringing that to 14 months from original submission.

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    This all depends on when it was resubmitted. I mentioned that I had two e-forms submitted on March 14 & 28th…well that’s because of the idiot that submitted them wrong. Since they were electronic it was easier to correct and he was notified sooner. The paper forms can take 30-45 & even 60 days to get kicked back and your process starts all over and you may never know this happened unless the FFL tells you. This happened on my first & only paper submission and it added a full 2 months bringing that to 14 months from original submission.
    The only reason I found out there was even an issue was bc I called atf (after waiting 365 days) to check on status and they told me that they didn’t have the info I gave them in their system

My FFL told me he was would have to resubmit correct forms. This was a few days ago. Said will have to wait on atf to send originals to him and then he’d submit the corrected forms.

Idk the process but I feel like I’m screwed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brooke Duncan
    Top Bottom