Looooooong Form 4 Wait Times

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    There are several factors which influence approval times even with the restored form 4 E file. Very very few peeps are seeing 90 day approval times. Your FBI background check has to be squeaky clean/zero issues. Your class 3 dealer has to do his end in a timeless fashion with no clerical errors. Most peeps are running 200 to 250 days. Your local FFL promised you things that just don't normally happen. Remember he wanted to sell a can/make money on the sale. That was his or her motivation.

You can call the ATF all you want and it will not speed up sh*t. If you p*ss them off, they may delay you longer (retribution). At this point, you have no choice but to sit tight and wait for approval. I mostly blame your local FFL for "puffing" your sale/transaction/approval times. He knows the game and how long it really takes for approvals even with E file. Call him and ask why it’s not happening (approval) like he said. He will blame it on the ATF or FBI no doubt. If you go beyond 300 days, you can contact your Congressional rep and ask him or her to look into it. Expedite it. You have to have some patience with this process, which you seem to be lacking. Trying to cancel the transaction after application and payment? Go visit your local dealer and give him the third degree. Bottom line is take a number and be somewhat patient. Class 3 has never been a fast and furious game. Except my F1 individual applications ATF on line, most approvals in < 30 days.
    Same applies if your SOT is arrested for beating his pregnant girlfriend.

621 days and counting.
    What in the world…..? I would have been contacting every state representative 500 days ago lol…. That’s ridiculous!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    not form4 but so far 21 days on an efile form1 and counting :noes: the struggle is real

1671319201522.png

2aadvocate19

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2021
    Lake Charles, LA
    thats where my 2 coworkers went to... they just got approved in the last 2 weeks one was 340 days and the other was a bout 7 days less, they went up there at the same time
    well, hopefully my time is coming. it might be a little longer for me as I was away when I needed to certify and that probably ly added about a month or two on mine although I am at about 395 days now.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    nope cc's on prien lake. I think I'm going to start using bowie's. they have good prices and a better high end selection.
    I haven’t been in there much. We just don’t have a huge selection in our area. I want a stock for one of my AR’s and DTS has the price tag at $170 and I can get it online at Midway USA for $125. I mean it’s only a $45 difference, but there are a few things to think about when deciding what to do. Do I support my local gun store buy paying $45 more and get the stock instantly? I mean I literally live 2 miles from the store. Or do I order it online when now I have to add shipping? They both will have tax added so that’s not a big deal, but sometimes shipping is ridiculous. Then you are stuck waiting… But our local stores don’t have a huge selection to begin with…. So it is what it is…

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @70mikenike70 Order on line and pay less. Check out Primary Arms next door in TX. They usually have very competitive prices, and their shipping charges are very fair. I have done a lot of business with PA, good people and if there is a problem, they will make it right. In Houston TX, they also have a retail store there you can visit/make purchases. Prior to about 18 months ago, PA didn't collect any sales taxes, but they do now.

I have ordered from Midway many times but sales tax and their shipping charges can eat you up on small orders. Sometimes Midway offers free shipping, and then they are competitive. PA usually has a better price, and stocks a LOT of parts and accessories, and firearms too. PA is dangerous, I have spent too much money there.

Last edited:

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    @70mikenike70 Order on line and pay less. Check out Primary Arms next door in TX. They usually have very competitive prices, and their shipping charges are very fair. I have done a lot of business with PA, good people and if there is a problem, they will make it right. In Houston TX, they also have a retail store there you can visit/make purchases. Prior to about 18 months ago, PA didn't collect any sales taxes, but they do now.

I have ordered from Midway many times but sales tax and their shipping charges can eat you up on small orders. Sometimes Midway offers free shipping, and then they are competitive. PA usually has a better price, and stocks a LOT of parts and accessories, and firearms too. PA is dangerous, I have spent too much money there.
    For sure!!!! I love PA. I just bought the 4-14X44 FFP with HUD ACSS reticle. I only spent $302 for scope and mount. I actually prefer it over my Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50. I didn’t realize they were in Houston though. I’m gonna have to go check them out.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have a friend who did some in April, just got them in the last 2 weeks

8 months. And they (ATF) claimed the restoration of F4 efile process would speed up approvals substantially. Shoot my paper F4 individual was approved in 7 months back in mid 2021, originated in late Dec 2020. Puckin clown show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom