Looooooong Form 4 Wait Times

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    120 days today. Filed 2-2-22. Funny how some people get them and your around that time frame and nothing. I’d like to know why it’s like that. Do they just close their eyes and point and that’s the one they approve. This is why I never got into this class 3 stuff and don’t know if I will again. The wait and money up front is ridiculous.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I submitted two cans a week apart (Individual). One took 11 months exactly, the other took 12 months and 9 days. Explain that. They had to be sitting on the examiners desk almost back to back. And being an FFL doesnt help.

Edit:
    (They were paper forms)

Last edited:

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Does the business also get the approval email or just you?
    Yes they do. The email address was copied on the approval. Eforms seam to be falling around the 120 day mark from what I can tell. Some faster some longer. I had 2 approved at 101 Days by 2 different approvers. Not sure how the system que works. Hopefully I get a form submitted tomorrow have all the paperwork done just waiting for the dealer to submit. 120 or there about much better than the year long wait most have experienced.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Yes they do. The email address was copied on the approval. Eforms seam to be falling around the 120 day mark from what I can tell. Some faster some longer. I had 2 approved at 101 Days by 2 different approvers. Not sure how the system que works. Hopefully I get a form submitted tomorrow have all the paperwork done just waiting for the dealer to submit. 120 or there about much better than the year long wait most have experienced.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Hopefully soon but not holding my breath

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    When people ask me about getting into this game, the first thing I tell them they need money and patience. In that order or don't get in.

Submitted 2-21-22 to keep the post on track

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, the good old ATF finally came through.

(day 0): Bought my can on March 13, 2021.
    (day 11): Check for the tax stamp was cashed on March 24, 2021 (they sure don't waste any time doing that).
    (day 359): Form 4 was approved on March 7, 2022
    (day 418): Tax stamped Form 4 arrived at my dealer on May 5, 2022.

Mike

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    So
    Well, the good old ATF finally came through.

(day 0): Bought my can on March 13, 2021.
    (day 11): Check for the tax stamp was cashed on March 24, 2021 (they sure don't waste any time doing that).
    (day 359): Form 4 was approved on March 7, 2022
    (day 418): Tax stamped Form 4 arrived at my dealer on May 5, 2022.

Mike
    So that’s why I can’t pick it up. Now I am waiting for the dealer to get the stamp? I thought once you get approved with the email with the stamp on paperwork in email you good. But I guess not I was told yesterday when I got the approved email that they would call when I could pick it up. Now it’s another waiting game. Great.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Picked up my can today, 126 days from my submission to the ATF. Not the 90 as advertised, but way shorter than 12-18 months. Funny thing is the Silencer Shop portal is still showing as awaiting ATF approval. I'm guessing someone has to manually enter the approval info into the portal?

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    So y’all are getting emails letting you know that you’ve been approved? I check my silencershoo portal and it says approval not found. I submitted my eform end of January

Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    So y’all are getting emails letting you know that you’ve been approved? I check my silencershoo portal and it says approval not found. I submitted my eform end of January

I received an email from eforms.notifications@atf.gov concerning an “eForms Application Status Change Notification” 104 days later but I used Meplat.

JoeWagjr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2022
    Covington
    Got word from my dealer yesterday that ATF had some issues with eforms submitted Jan-April. Not sure of the specifics, but I believe it was some type of computer glitch and he said they basically had to recover the forms and start over. I’m at over 180 days on an eform right now.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I received an email identical to Girouard's, but mine went to my junk folder. I didn't know I was approved until C&S Gun parlor called me later that day. It took Silencershop about 3 weeks to update my status in the portal.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While I certainly understand how happy you 2022 guys are getting things in your hands, please understand (and hopefully not relish in) how utterly pissed off us (July) 2021 guys are seeing your forms get approved while we are still waiting with no end in sight...

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    While I certainly understand how happy you 2022 guys are getting things in your hands, please understand (and hopefully not relish in) how utterly pissed off us (July) 2021 guys are seeing your forms get approved while we are still waiting with no end in sight...
    I have an Eform I am waiting for from this year, but I sympathize with your situation. Totally unfair

JoeWagjr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2022
    Covington
    I have two out. One done the old fashioned way in November of 2021 and an efom done the week eforms went live.......have received neither.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom