Looooooong Form 4 Wait Times

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    I have two out. One done the old fashioned way in November of 2021 and an efom done the week eforms went live.......have received neither.
    I’m in the same boat as you. I was hoping to have my eform approved by now, with hearing about the 90 days approvals happening, in order to hold me over until my other one is approved (hopefully by beginning of next year)!

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    The drag of Feb and March forms was that the ATF were doing the background checks first then processing the forms. At this time their asses got overloaded with forms and the BG checks would not have been current by the time they processed the form. So, the forms got put back in the stack and they started over. No computer glitch here. Just another example of how inefficient they are. Why do you think the April forms are coming back already and now the 2-11-22 forms are starting to trickle in. This info is from an ATF field agent who made a call to WV to see what was up and was told the truth.

Waiting on two now.

Also, here is the updated processing times list

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/current-processing-times

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    Just got my eform approval email today! Hopefully it doesn’t take forever for my FFL to get the stamp

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    they get it the same time you do. the stamp in on the approval form. no longer have the stamp mailed to the dealer with eforms.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Finally!!
    My 2-18-2022 submission got approved today
    8-9-2022

This was my first e-form 4 submission with prints mailed in.

Now I am waiting on a 3-11-2022 submission with electronic prints.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I’ve got two EForm 4’s that were submitted February 1st, 2022 and still waiting. The government day is a different allocation of time than the rest of us. Both will also get Form1 but the system keeps going up and down and creating big delays for some but still working out well for others.

It could always be much worse!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m about 120 days in on waiting to remove my sbr from registry. It’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    We've been seeing about 5 months on Eforms and about 350 days on paper forms getting approved at the shop.
    Arrgh! I’ve been the paper route twice before and my first was 420 days and was told the hang-up was due to my previous reactivated clearance, which still baffles me because the FBI handles those and should have seen my service record, but I had also worked as a contractor with a corporate government group going in and out of Dubai. The second one was just under the 1 year like you mentioned so when I saw “Yours in 90 Days” I got a little too excited! So here I wait…ha

I did call them the other day and it just says “Pending” on both, but the lady did say that it would likely go from Pending>Completed and I would receive an “E-Forms Update” email and that’s where the stamp would be, no physical stamp would be sent to me. I’m at the “5-Month Mark” so with some luck my email will come soon…

I did ask if they were making it available to add to the smartphone wallet app or our LA Drivers Lic app and she must have thought I started speaking Klingon because she had no clue what I was talking about! LoL

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I’m about 120 days in on waiting to remove my sbr from registry. It’s ridiculous.

HOLEESHIT! Just to Remove the SBR is taking that long?! That’s damned ridiculous…

I have a buddy that went through Capital Armory since they are close to him and he must have just lucked out and got 3 SBR’s removed in less than 45 days. I guess it’s just the luck of the draw…

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Finally!!
    My 2-18-2022 submission got approved today
    8-9-2022

This was my first e-form 4 submission with prints mailed in.

Now I am waiting on a 3-11-2022 submission with electronic prints.
    Hell Cajun22, this gives me HOPE that I may see something soon! Did you just get an email from the
    “E-Forms” system and you documents were there?

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Enal,

I and the dealer both received an email with the approved form. It will just say that the status of your submission has changed to APPROVED. You just print the form that is in a pdf at the bottom of the email. I also saved the file so I can print other copies if I need.

Good Luck

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    HOLEESHIT! Just to Remove the SBR is taking that long?! That’s damned ridiculous…

I have a buddy that went through Capital Armory since they are close to him and he must have just lucked out and got 3 SBR’s removed in less than 45 days. I guess it’s just the luck of the draw…

Yep, I called last week and they sent it to a supervisor, whatever that means. If I haven’t heard anything Monday I’m calling back. I got my original approval in 30 days.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Glad to be able to bump this thread! Bowie Outfitters called a few minutes ago. My Dead Air Mask is ready to be picked up. Will be having some fun this weekend! And looks like weather Sunday may be pretty decent. Check cashed 07/30/2021. Don't know when approved, but it wasn't as of 08/26. Not even gonna add up the days anymore... Don't want to count that high.

Last edited:

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Mine was E-Form back on March 28 and the first was March 14 and I got it at 176 working days.

I asked what the hold-up is when I called the ATF to check the status and the woman said they have too many Paper Forms that they were trying to get pushed and there were 7+ federal holidays that slowed it down.

She said that After Thanksgiving was the best time to file e-Form to not have a bunch of holidays interrupt the critical part of the process and more people to use e-Form instead of paper because it slows both down.

Top Bottom