Louisiana beekeeper featured in Crawfish Tales

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry produces a video series called Crawfish Tales which feature certified Louisiana growers doing their thing. I was fortunate enough to make the cut and they came out and did a short video of me and the Commissioner of Agriculture hanging with the bees. It was a great experience and was just glad to share a a small part of my beekeeping journey . Thanks to all of the people that made this happen and hope y’all enjoy it.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Man I've got to get to BR and buy some of your honey.

I take spoonfuls of honey multiple times a day and since I've started doing that Ive felt great. My allergies don't act up and I haven't gotten full blown in the bed sick.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Great video! I learned from David Fergison, he randomly took me under his wing after a CABA meeting & taught me queen grafting & commercial skills. It was a great experience. I have 2 hives again, no bees at the moment, after a friend abandoned his beekeeping dream. I quit after someone poisoned my hives. I’ll get back into it once I get space.

Awesome profession!

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    West Fel.
    That's great, keep on inspiring others in Louisiana to do the same. I used to get your honey when I lived closer in Baton Rouge and it was excellent.

My wife spoke to a guy about bees at a farmer's market last weekend and I figured why not give it a try since we have the space and a few small vegetable gardens that would benefit as well. We are having two nucs delivered at the end of next month and have a lot to learn before then as complete beginners. Any books or videos you would suggest to expedite the learning process so I don't kill the bees?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Great presentation and video @Labeeman ! I get local honey from a friend that has a few boxes less than a mile from my house. I watch him work his tail off for that honey! Keep it up my friend, a very worthy effort!

Top Bottom