Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    https://louisianashooting.com/urge-gov-edwards-to-sign-constitutional-carry-bill/

Please contact Governor John Bel Edwards and ask him to sign the Constitutional Carry bill, SB 118! Responsible citizens of Louisiana should not first have to ask for approval from the government to defend their life, liberty and property. Please click the button below to contact the Governor to ask him to sign Constitutional Carry into law!
    Click Here To Take Action!!!

Senate Bill 118 removes the requirement for law-abiding people to obtain a permit before being able to carry a concealed handgun for self-defense. This vital legislation ensures that citizens are able to exercise their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. This measure does not affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Louisiana permits, to do so.

Again, please contact Governor John Bel Edwards, by clicking the red button above, and ask him to sign Senate Bill 118 into law.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There will need to be an exponential groundswell of support from us hitting Edwards' offices.

Make sure to forward any links or any emails or any texts you receive to as many of your contacts as you can. Tell them to take action; and URGE them to forward to theirs and so on and so on.

I will see if there is a way to find out the number of calls/emails he got. It will be interesting to see how many people actually end up calling for him to sign this. I'm sure the media will try to spin the number.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Canned email sent from 2A supporting website, my email sent.
    I plan to send hand written or Typed letter by post. I am still wondering what is the cut off though. The governor office receiving thousands of letters will be hard to not notice.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Emailed and called this morning talked to a very nice lady that promised to pass my sentiments in support of this bill onto Gov Edwards policy team

Thank you to all that have emailed and called!

Need to keep up the pressure folks!

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Nice work. Keep the pressure up

not sure when the legislative session ends but Gov Edwards has 10 days to sign or veto assuming that the legislature is still in session on day 10. Chances are he will wait as long as he can as he will get 20 days if the legislature is not in session

edit: according to the interwebs session ends on Th 6/10 which means that this likely falls into the 20-day window.

As such my prediction is that “taco” Behl Edwards will wait until after the legislature is out of session to veto this forcing the legislature to convene a veto session to vote on an override.

So, after we put pressure on the Gubnah to sign this, we will likely need to put pressure on our local legislatures to convene a veto session so prepare accordingly. Ahold your memory long when Gov Edwards runs for Senate

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    JBE needs to understand that Louisiana voters will see him as solidly Pro-Gun if he signs this into law. He can beat Cassidy by doing that.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Bumping this thread to keep the pressure on JBE to sign this. Keep up the calls and emails! Let your voice be heard!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Any word on Edwards’ veto pen?

I expect that he will veto as late as possible (think that he has until 6/24 before it automatically becomes law), but that is sheer conjecture on my part

Rovpilot337

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Jennings, La
    I called the gov office and left a message as well. Waiting patiently to see what happens.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom