Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They used us to set up a smokescreen for that stupid, redundant, and frivolous transgender ban. They tricked us with a bait and switch. We were led to believe that this session was mainly about the Second Amendment, but it was really about some nonsense.
    It really serves them right that the transgender bill failed today. They deserved that for deceiving us and back stabbing us yesterday.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    That's your opinion believe whatever you want.

Data on violent crime.

I’m thinking that I misread your statement. Are you saying that people are safer now than any other time in our history? That’s what I read, but I’m sure I’m mistaken. Any chance you’d humor me with a clarification?

We are safer now than in history. As far as our history, with the exception of our recent blip, violent crime has been on a downward trend.

Not saying don't carry. Not saying don't pay attention. Not saying it's ok to go to where there is unrest.

I just think that this "the world is going to hell" just isn't reality. People need to quit with the fear mongering news stations. They just write to scare you into spending more time watching or clicking.

Fox News is probably popular here. Go check out the headlines on the main page. Almost every bit of is written to scare the reader about something.

We got problems, no doubt. This pandemic is creating some unfortunate issues outside of getting sick. The world is still clicking along. I conversed with some nice folk today. The sky isn't falling.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I will say that cities where serious Defund the Police and anti-leo sentiment are going to have problems.

I spent a couple of hours talking to an officer in the Chicago area and those areas will likely see problems.

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Half of Baton Rouge’s shootings aren’t reported in the news because these teens usually wound their enemies. If you don’t think it’s a war zone out there then you are blind. Things have gotten worse. All these Instagram beefs between small time rap groups that are intermingled in drug dealing leads to violence. There’s even a subreddit on Reddit that follows it called *dadumbway*. More Law abiding folk should be able to protect themselves. Hell if ya don’t need an ID for the 24th/26th amendment why do you need one for the 2nd these days :D

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Data on violent crime.

We are safer now than in history. As far as our history, with the exception of our recent blip, violent crime has been on a downward trend.

Not saying don't carry. Not saying don't pay attention. Not saying it's ok to go to where there is unrest.

I just think that this "the world is going to hell" just isn't reality. People need to quit with the fear mongering news stations. They just write to scare you into spending more time watching or clicking.

Fox News is probably popular here. Go check out the headlines on the main page. Almost every bit of is written to scare the reader about something.

We got problems, no doubt. This pandemic is creating some unfortunate issues outside of getting sick. The world is still clicking along. I conversed with some nice folk today. The sky isn't falling.
    Well, I commend you for your positive outlook.
    To say that violent crimes are on a downward trend doesn’t exactly mean less than in our history and it doesn’t exactly take into account the nature of violent crimes, such as home invasions, car jackings, or just plain old stick up/armed robbery, aggravated assault/assault with deadly weapon, etc.
    I had a similar discussion in mixed company recently and heard a few arguments but nothing that supported us being safer. The increased number of cameras everywhere came up and was pretty weak as a deterrent as well as not really making anyone safer as much as helping solve crimes after the fact. Baton Rouge outran NOLA in homicides last year while setting a record. Technically you could say that the crimes I’m referencing are just a local thing and don’t affect the big picture. I’m not talking about falling skies or chicken little, but I don’t agree that we are any safer than any time in our history. It’s one thing to follow a set of statistics and say that crime is down, and another when you consider how bold some of the criminals are now, invading a home in broad daylight, for instance.
    Ever hear anybody talk about how they used to leave their doors unlocked? I don’t know anyone who does that now. I’m pretty sure there are legitimate reasons for that.
    I really don’t want to come off as fear mongering but I can’t ignore the times we live in and we are definitely not any safer.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They used us to set up a smokescreen for that stupid, redundant, and frivolous transgender ban. They tricked us with a bait and switch. We were led to believe that this session was mainly about the Second Amendment, but it was really about some nonsense.
    It really serves them right that the transgender bill failed today. They deserved that for deceiving us and back stabbing us yesterday.

If I were a republican state legislator "anywhere" in the US where we were the majority party but the governor was a democrat, and my Speaker or President or party leader told me we were going to try to force a veto session; I would ask right up front:

"Do we need ANY democrats on board to override the veto?"

If he/she said, "Yes!"

I'd say, "Get out of my face! Even if it's only one, I'm not even wasting my time!"

Sadly, the democrats that left these republicans holding the bag will not be adversely affected for it, because they all get elected in districts that are chocker-block full of morons! I try my best to not be so personal when it comes to politics, but if you identify yourself as a democrat, and you believe the **** they do is noble, you are part of the problem!

Got to hand it to Edwards, not only did he know damn good and well that ALL the democrats would run to his aid like mesmerized rats, but he would pick off some phony republicans too! He is the happiest governor in the country right now.

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The Republicans by not hanging together, gave Edwards a major boost in power. The place this should concern us is in connection with redistricting. Frankly, this all started with the Speaker of the House election. There is no way, Democrats should be able to elect a speaker in a near supermajority Republican controlled House. There is some political payback coming. If anyone is interested in being part of it rather than sitting around bitching, join LSA or at least join their FaceBook page is you are too cheap for the $15 membership dues.

Dan

PS HB124 turned your CHP into a concealed weapons permit. You are welcome.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I had emailed my Senator, Louie Bernard, about supporting the CC early. Here's the email trail chronologically;

On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:12 AM, Joni <########> wrote:

Hi Senator Bernard!

Just a quick note asking you to support HB-72 when it comes up for vote. HB-72 will give Louisiana citizens Constitutional Carry rights.

Thank you!

From: Bernard, Sen. Louie (District Office) <sen31@legis.la.gov>
    Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 9:14 AM
    To: Joni <#########>
    Subject: Re: HB-72

Thanks, Joni..
    I’m with you!
    Louie

Sent from my iPhone

Wed 7/21/2021 8:54 AM
    To: Bernard, Sen. Louie (District Office) <sen31@legis.la.gov>

Senator Bernard,

I must say that your reversal of support for Constitutional Carry during the Veto Override Session is a bitter disappointment after the assurances you gave, as evidenced in your previous email to me.

I can't help but think of the thousands of Louisiana residents who are struggling to make ends meet, who are ultimately penalized and discriminated against by the current permit system.

It seems these people, such as single mothers working for minimum wages, and, the elderly on fixed incomes, who cannot afford to "pay" in order to benefit from a Constitutionally-given Right, have been deemed by the Governor, and the lawmakers who sided with him, not worthy of self-protection.

I understand that you changed your vote due to testimony offered by officials from Law Enforcement agencies, however as I see it, your job is to represent the average citizens who are not part of a government agency with the "perks" of being legally allowed to go anywhere armed with backup a radio call away. Compared to the total number of Louisiana residents, Law Enforcement officers are a very small segment of the population.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am a proud supporter of the Blue Line, but part of the argument made by the LEO contingent, "..... point out that when they encounter an open carry situation, they at least know that a firearm is present and can take appropriate action to protect themselves and others if necessary ", is a misdirection. How many criminals "open carry"? I would hazard a guess as to ....none. Law enforcement officers are trained at a higher level and more intensely to expect the unexpected, and be able to react appropriately.

Now, with your vote to uphold the veto, low-income residents who can't afford to pay for the class or the state fees but still want to protect themselves and their family from those who intend harm, will continue to be categorized the same as a habitual criminal who, by very definition, chooses repeatedly to break laws to commit evil upon others.

I have known you as the Registrar in Natchitoches, and believed that you were an honest man, a man of your word. I still believe that at your core, you are, but it is a very unpleasant feeling to know that my hopes of sending you to the State level as a Freshman Senator to be a stalwart representative of the people in your district, not special interest groups, have been, if not crushed, badly shaken.

Will I vote for you again? At this point I really don't know. I will have to watch and see what choices are made throughout the rest of your term.

Respectfully submitted,
    Joni XXXXXXXXX

I believe there will be some things done in your area concerning Senator Bernard. If you are interested in participating, let me know or join the Louisiana Shooting Association to get on its email list.

Dan

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thanks to all the efforts of the LSA, and all the LSA boots on the ground staff!

You guys gave it the "good fight!"

I am proud to be a member!

I will gladly participate in ANY planned repercussions on these phony's we want/need out!

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Last edited:

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I believe there will be some things done in your area concerning Senator Bernard. If you are interested in participating, let me know or join the Louisiana Shooting Association to get on its email list.

Dan

Yep, been a member of LSA for a few years. ONE day maybe I'll win that Garand! LOL!

As far as participating, I have to be careful about certain "activities " - civil service ya know. :rolleyes:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    The Republicans by not hanging together, gave Edwards a major boost in power. The place this should concern us is in connection with redistricting. Frankly, this all started with the Speaker of the House election. There is no way, Democrats should be able to elect a speaker in a near supermajority Republican controlled House. There is some political payback coming. If anyone is interested in being part of it rather than sitting around bitching, join LSA or at least join their FaceBook page is you are too cheap for the $15 membership dues.

Dan

PS HB124 turned your CHP into a concealed weapons permit. You are welcome.
    Good recommendation. I joined LSA with a donation on top of the yearly dues just b/c of this BS. Time to take **** to the next level and become more active

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    this state ****ing sucks. I am making it the rest of my life's endeavor to GTFO of here.
    Please don’t run. Could use the help of good men and women to make this state great.

Also, we are running out of places to run to. Time now is to stand and fight for what you believe in. Plus there are many worse places to live in this country than LA. Ask me how I know…

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Well, I commend you for your positive outlook.
    To say that violent crimes are on a downward trend doesn’t exactly mean less than in our history and it doesn’t exactly take into account the nature of violent crimes, such as home invasions, car jackings, or just plain old stick up/armed robbery, aggravated assault/assault with deadly weapon, etc.
    I had a similar discussion in mixed company recently and heard a few arguments but nothing that supported us being safer. The increased number of cameras everywhere came up and was pretty weak as a deterrent as well as not really making anyone safer as much as helping solve crimes after the fact. Baton Rouge outran NOLA in homicides last year while setting a record. Technically you could say that the crimes I’m referencing are just a local thing and don’t affect the big picture. I’m not talking about falling skies or chicken little, but I don’t agree that we are any safer than any time in our history. It’s one thing to follow a set of statistics and say that crime is down, and another when you consider how bold some of the criminals are now, invading a home in broad daylight, for instance.
    Ever hear anybody talk about how they used to leave their doors unlocked? I don’t know anyone who does that now. I’m pretty sure there are legitimate reasons for that.
    I really don’t want to come off as fear mongering but I can’t ignore the times we live in and we are definitely not any safer.

People locking or not locking doors is a state of mind. You could probably not lock your doors for a long time before you had a problem. We don't because we are more safety conscious.

People live longer and there is overall less violent crime. Fewer die in wars. There literally is all kinds of data that shows we are safer today than in history.

Are we in a blip or start of an upward trend? Probably the former.

Is everywhere safe? Nope.

Will the media and politicians use what they can to influence you? Absolutely.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    this state ****ing sucks. I am making it the rest of my life's endeavor to GTFO of here.

I just left the state. It wasn't because of gun laws. Louisiana has pretty good gun laws.

Traffic, infrastructure, wasteful government spending..... well yeah. Good reason to leave.

I also sought better weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom