Louisiana May be Close to Concealed Carry Without Permit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm of the opinion that if it has been reintroduced it most likely has the support to get through this time.

I'm sure those guys didn't block the veto because a deal was made. These guys make these deals out of public view. If it's up there now, it's because they want it there and the deal has been made.
    Once again, it's all a game. Deals are always made, whether it's for the politicians direct personal gain or for their district (which is, ultimately, for their personal gain, too) it's seldom about the benefit for actual citizens...Dem/Rep, it doesn't matter. The Self takes precedence in all political games.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    read this article. this happens about every 48 hours in NOLA right now → https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...gate/289-b4d3907c-9332-4ec5-b1a7-b8eb9360503f

For way too many, living in NOLA (and BR) is a death sentence. 367 of them tot BR and NO in 2021 alone. And spiking exponentially going forward in 2022.
    This murder rate is survivable by over 99.9% of the New Orleans population. I should not have to wear a vest to enter any New Orleans establishment. I think the body armor mandate was lifted.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    69A1B76B-0DCF-49AB-BB49-C91921287BCD.jpeg

Steff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2018
    River Ridge,LA
    HB37 37(permitless carry) shows to have died in the chamber that it was currently in. In my opinion it probably died bc of the mass shootings that happened recently probably made all the politicians skiddish to pass any pro 2a legislation. If you want this law then send an email, letter or call you rep/senator and tell them(calmly) that this stop of HB37 is unacceptable and needs to get passed.

Steff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2018
    River Ridge,LA
    The bill was basically dropped and turned into the School Safety Bill instead.

Ah, well thank you for that update. It showed in legiscan that it died in committee but had no idea that decided to gut it. IMO, they shoulda tacked on the teacher stuff to to constitutional carry bill instead of stripping it like they did. Again, if anyone wants constitutional carry, get ahold of your your reps and let them know that what they’ve done is unacceptable. If you’re pro armed teachers then make sure they know that too so they keep pushing for it.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Unqualified untrained teachers should not be armed. Leave the policing to armed qualified LEO.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Unqualified untrained teachers should not be armed. Leave the policing to armed qualified LEO.
    Qualified by LEO standards is a very loosely used term. I wouldn’t consider someone qualified that only punches paper twice a year. It could be argued that your average member here is probably more qualified to carry a sidearms than most leo.

Top Bottom