Louisiana May be Close to Concealed Carry Without Permit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    No like 1 LEO SRO per 100 students in every school. Nothing like the Uvalde situation.
    Do Not confuse untrained teachers with qualified LEO SRO.
    I do think this however is a good solution. I would like to see more training involved and I’m sure that would happen. At least I hope it would.

Doing away with gun free zones would likely also help. What if a teacher is an avid shooter and has a ccw permit? Why should they not be allowed to carry if they please?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It could be argued that your average member here is probably more qualified to carry a sidearms than most leo.
    What are you basing your opinion on? Are you familiar with POST training standards and how they are followed across the thousands of police agencies in the US? (Doubtful) Are you familiar with most of the members' training on this site? (Doubtful)

I would argue that is a very incorrect and uninformed statement. It's an over-generalization that I would equate to something along the lines of "most white police officers want to shoot unarmed black citizens." And I get it, it's an opinion, but to be relevant, opinions can, and should, be based on some facts, and my opinion is that there's no way you could have enough facts to back that up.

Steff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2018
    River Ridge,LA
    Unqualified untrained teachers should not be armed. Leave the policing to armed qualified LEO.
    Did you read what the bill would do? It specifically allows for only qualified and trained teachers to carry. I would like to see regular psych evals for teacher that carry though. A teacher that regularly has mental break downs is not a teacher that should be armed in class. Kids are becoming worse and I’m sure there will be a teacher that loses it. If American culture wasn’t so wrecked, I’d be happy with kids above a certain age carrying but that couldn’t be done with how things are currently.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Did you read what the bill would do? It specifically allows for only qualified and trained teachers to carry. I would like to see regular psych evals for teacher that carry though. A teacher that regularly has mental break downs is not a teacher that should be armed in class. Kids are becoming worse and I’m sure there will be a teacher that loses it. If American culture wasn’t so wrecked, I’d be happy with kids above a certain age carrying but that couldn’t be done with how things are currently.

Read post #122.

Steff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2018
    River Ridge,LA
    How about SB 143

It was sent to the governor. Did he veto or not sign and let it pass
    Doesn’t appear to have been vetoed yet. If it’s something that looks veto proof then Edwards probably won’t veto it and let it die on his desk instead.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    HB37 37(permitless carry) shows to have died in the chamber that it was currently in. In my opinion it probably died bc of the mass shootings that happened recently probably made all the politicians skiddish to pass any pro 2a legislation. If you want this law then send an email, letter or call you rep/senator and tell them(calmly) that this stop of HB37 is unacceptable and needs to get passed.
    Like the exact reason it should be alive and well.. yeah that makes sense. Politics…

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    No time for that though. We need to keep sending Billons to Ukraine!!
    (Extreme Sarcasm)
    They'll always ask for more taxes to cover this or that and I'll vote no every single time. They can't do right with the money they steal from us already, why should anyone be ok with giving more.

Top Bottom