Louisiana May be Close to Concealed Carry Without Permit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Damn, that is is pretty bad. Seems warranted. Its not that bad in my area yet. Getting worse every day for sure, just look at the news from NOLA every single day. Murders and shootings, car jackings, robberies, you name it. People waiting an hour+ for a NOPD response to violent crime, or a recording when calling 911.
    You would think my area that area would be too bad we are out in the country. But no place is safe now. I don't go to NOLA anymore

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    God-given rights? How bout the ole Declaration of Independence?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed” (Declaration of Independence).

You have more rights than you may think. Don’t let the media and popular culture these days fool you!
    Fair enough then. Between the Declaration of Independence and the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights one can infer that our Creator grants us rights to keep and bear arms.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You would think my area that area would be too bad we are out in the country. But no place is safe now. I don't go to NOLA anymore
    Agreed. I don't travel to NOLA much any more, and I grew up there. Just too much crime and they cannot get a handle on it, it only will continue to get worse. Criminals and perps are really brazen right now since the courts were shutdown for a year plus due to covid. And I don't blame the NOPD, imo they are simply overwhelmed. How about Baton Rouge, is it as bad as NOLA? I don't really follow the BR news but I don't believe its as bad in BR as it is in NOLA. Or maybe it is?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Agreed. I don't travel to NOLA much any more, and I grew up there. Just too much crime and they cannot get a handle on it, it only will continue to get worse. Criminals and perps are really brazen right now since the courts were shutdown for a year plus due to covid. And I don't blame the NOPD, imo they are simply overwhelmed. How about Baton Rouge, is it as bad as NOLA? I don't really follow the BR news but I don't believe its as bad in BR as it is in NOLA. Or maybe it is?
    Baton Rouge is bad but not as bad as NOLA.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    As pro gun as I have always been I would like to see this bill passed, but I would prefer it to require at least some proof of some form of firearms training. You have people going to classes right now who have never once fired a gun before the class.and have know idea about proper ammo selection for selfdefense or even the basic laws that go along with this.
    I say we continue with the classes, but allow individuals to. get the permit for free. Just pay
    for your class.
    Sure, because that's just the way our founders intended. Take your class, then carry your musket. Can't geaux around shooting the British in the face without your permit.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    nd
    Wonder how many CC holders out there know that if drink any Alcholic beverage you are not allowed to carry at the time. I see this being violated often in this state. Esp by my Friends in the NOLA area.
    This is not correct.

The law provides for a maximum blood alcohol level for conceal carry. Just as it does for other activities.

I will enjoy a beer while carrying. Legally.

I will unstrap before I open my second beer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Fabian Blache, Jr., executive director of the Louisiana Association of Chiefs of Police, testified against HB 37, while Baton Rouge Police Deputy Chief of Police Myron Daniels echoed Davis’ “concerns” about eliminating training and education to carry a concealed firearm.
    We already know the gangsters in the urban areas are already packing, we don’t need everyone being allowed to possess a firearm,” Blanche said.

We don’t need everyone being able to possess a firearm? Last time I checked, this was covered by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. Guess we know where this guy stands. He needs to go.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Hmmm, yet BR has had a higher homicide rate than NOLA for the past couple years.

I would rather visit Baton Rouge than Shreveport or New Orleans and I am not a fan of any of them having worked in all 3.
    Check the other crimes of violence including car jackings using total numbers for each city.

Grosbec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2022
    White Castle
    Me to. I live out in the country with few houses around. Can’t tell you how many times I’v e had strangers come knock at my door for directions, needing gas, flat tire, drunk or just high on something.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Homicide rates= per capita= every 100,000 population
    Baton Rouge..... 46.5 per 100k
    New Orleans......31 per 100k

Read the articles

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    1) I’m all for constitutional carry.

2) I think current CHP classes are a joke and should not be a requirement.

3) Carry while drinking is dumb! (Yes I’m a beer drinker and I’m fine with the .05 rule staying around).
    Taking the same classes over and over and over is tiring. However a new person to the firearm world, whom is concerned with learning can glean some good points and direction to learn more outside of the class.

The JOKE is the $100.00 price tag. More to the point it is injurious.

Required Hunter Education is Free, and only once in a lifetime.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Read the articles

You seem to have a problem comparing per capita data. In the article you linked for the same calender year, NO was 51 while BR was 46.5 per 100,000 residents, 2020 data. Stick with the same year when making a side by side comparison. Grant you they are neck and neck but NO wins the prize.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    I don't have a problem, Louisiana has a problem..

Really don't matter if BR or NOLA keeps competing for #1
    This state is always in the top 3 for murder and violent crime in the nation.

Like some have posted here, cutting grass out in the country can be hazardous to your health.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Fabian Blache, Jr., executive director of the Louisiana Association of Chiefs of Police, testified against HB 37, while Baton Rouge Police Deputy Chief of Police Myron Daniels echoed Davis’ “concerns” about eliminating training and education to carry a concealed firearm.
    We already know the gangsters in the urban areas are already packing, we don’t need everyone being allowed to possess a firearm,” Blanche said.

We don’t need everyone being able to possess a firearm? Last time I checked, this was covered by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. Guess we know where this guy stands. He needs to go.
    One would think that perps would maybe think twice if they thought that their targeted victim may be armed. Maybe these police are fearful of their job security?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    One would think that perps would maybe think twice if they thought that their targeted victim may be armed. Maybe these police are fearful of their job security?
    I don't think the cops are fearing job security. It's simply BC they'd not rather encounter every Tom, Dick, or Harry CCing. Or Susan, Laquisha, or Sherry. It complicates their job, and more risk to their overall well being dealing with the public day in and day out. I guarantee you there will be more LEO involved shootings with non-permitted legal CC in LA. But we don't have to worry about that BC JBE will never sign off on it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Read the articles

Maybe the BR thugs just shoot better

Forum statistics