Louisiana May be Close to Concealed Carry Without Permit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not true. BR total homicides for 2021 was 149. NOLA for 2021 was 218.

BR: https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_d54d1d9c-758d-11ec-bff2-9f1a37db411d.html

NOLA: https://www.wdsu.com/article/new-or...218-murders-well-never-get-over-this/38646625

Nor in 2020. BR = 114. NOLA = 195 (WDSU reports 202, so depends on the source) . Not even close.
    Yes John, it is true. Sorry to say but since 2019 BR has had a higher rate of homicide than NOLA. Read what I wrote big guy. Straight from articles published in the Advocate and other sources. The homicide rate is not simply the number of people killed. Maybe that’s where you are in error.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don't think the cops are fearing job security. It's simply BC they'd not rather encounter every Tom, Dick, or Harry CCing. Or Susan, Laquisha, or Sherry. It complicates their job, and more risk to their overall well being dealing with the public day in and day out. I guarantee you there will be more LEO involved shootings with non-permitted legal CC in LA. But we don't have to worry about that BC JBE will never sign off on it.
    Looks like you’re 0 for 3 today bro, but keep on trying. I just wanted to try to put this one to rest with common sense logic. Cops worrying about law abiding citizens carrying concealed is not the norm. It’s the criminals who carry and ignore the law that gives them concern. Do you think the number of felons carrying a gun will somehow increase if it becomes legal? What sort of people do you think are waiting for permitless concealed carry to become law? Criminals? Zee Germans? Lol, oh lord. Don’t let those anti gunners brainwash you bro. That’s straight out of their playbook. Criminals don’t concern themselves with the law. It’s their nature. I can promise you that there’s not one convicted felon looking forward to any law abiding citizen being able to legally conceal a handgun on their person in public.
    Wonder why that is…?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Looks like you’re 0 for 3 today bro, but keep on trying. I just wanted to try to put this one to rest with common sense logic. Cops worrying about law abiding citizens carrying concealed is not the norm. It’s the criminals who carry and ignore the law that gives them concern. Do you think the number of felons carrying a gun will somehow increase if it becomes legal? What sort of people do you think are waiting for permitless concealed carry to become law? Criminals? Zee Germans? Lol, oh lord. Don’t let those anti gunners brainwash you bro. That’s straight out of their playbook. Criminals don’t concern themselves with the law. It’s their nature. I can promise you that there’s not one convicted felon looking forward to any law abiding citizen being able to legally conceal a handgun on their person in public.
    Wonder why that is…?
    So based on your logic and deduction, why are there so many LA sheriffs or chief of police who are opposed to non-permitted CC in Louisiana? Sheriff Tregre (St John parish) wasn't by himself. Its prob 2 to 1, opposed vs for non-permitted CC in LA.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I bet most of our LEOs would confirm it. When a patrol cop make a traffic stop today, everyone is considered a felon who just escaped from a prison and has a pistol under his leg, ready to fight it out to the end. They have to, they have no clue who they are preparing to engage, or who they are and where they are from, or their history. Survival basics 101 for the experienced cop. In today's environment where the LEOs are looked upon as questionable or with hate by some, they have to be prepared for the worst until proven otherwise. I'm sure this is SOP for 99% of patrol or responding LEOs today in LA, or the US for that matter. Detroit, St Louis, DC, NO, Philly, BR, Chicago.

So under these circumstances then legal non-permitted CC doesn't really matter. Criminals and/or felons are going to carry a firearm no matter what the law is. They could give a flying f*ck about the law, or any law for that matter.

So then we circle back to why do so many police chiefs in LA oppose non-permitted CC? Why is JBE vehemently opposed to it? Why has non-permitted CC been illegal in LA for what, 100 years plus? I mean when was it legal in LA previously? Not in 50 years I'm aware of for sure.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Why didn't the Republican controlled legislature in Louisiana fight harder for this anyways? Republicans control the majority in the legislature (both houses) today. Evidently they too collectively think non-permitted CC in LA is a bad idea. It isn't just the Dums.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    My take on this. Either you support the US Constitution or you don't. It clearly states "shall not be infringed". As far as the fear of "untrained" people carrying and issues relating to interactions with law enforcement, twenty something other states already have Constitutional Carry and if those fears were being realized, I'm sure the liberal media would be flooding the air waves with it. So far, crickets.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Wasn't Jack Strain a Sheriff? Should I care what his opinion would have been on this matter if he was still in office? Who is Sheriff Webre anyway, or the others in this assn.?
    Would they rather everyone that would want to CC, OC? Wouldn't that torque their nerves.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Yes John, it is true. Sorry to say but since 2019 BR has had a higher rate of homicide than NOLA. Read what I wrote big guy. Straight from articles published in the Advocate and other sources. The homicide rate is not simply the number of people killed. Maybe that’s where you are in error.
    well you are dead wrong, the per capita data (population adjusted) does not support your claims. Its right in the hyperlinks posted in this thread. But I know you, you don't like to admit when you are wrong. That has been proven before here in the past. It is what it is.

Not to mention you posted zero links to data from the advocate, or any sources for that matter in this thread.

Here is the per capita data for a third time, educate yourself: https://www.thecentersquare.com/lou...cle_67217e4c-ced9-597c-8cb3-a943b4b9d79e.html

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    well you are dead wrong, the per capita data (population adjusted) does not support your claims. Its right in the hyperlinks posted in this thread. But I know you, you don't like to admit when you are wrong. That has been proven before here in the past. It is what it is.

Not to mention you posted zero links to data from the advocate, or any sources for that matter in this thread.

Here is the per capita data for a third time, educate yourself: https://www.thecentersquare.com/lou...cle_67217e4c-ced9-597c-8cb3-a943b4b9d79e.html
    Rank​
    City​
    Murders per 100,000 people, 2020​
    Total murders, 2020​
    Violent crimes per 100,000 people, 2020​
    1​
    St. Louis, MO​
    88.1​
    263​
    2,016​
    2​
    Petersburg, VA​
    76.9​
    24​
    632​
    3​
    Pine Bluff, AR​
    56.5​
    23​
    1,832​
    4​
    New Orleans, LA​
    51.0​
    201​
    1,324​
    5​
    Saginaw, MI​
    50.2​
    24​
    2,154​
    6​
    Detroit, MI​
    49.7​
    328​
    2,179​
    7​
    Trenton, NJ​
    48.2​
    40​
    1,169​
    8​
    Harrisburg, PA​
    46.7​
    23​
    857​
    9​
    Baton Rouge, LA​
    46.5​
    102​

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So based on your logic and deduction, why are there so many LA sheriffs or chief of police who are opposed to non-permitted CC in Louisiana? Sheriff Tregre (St John parish) wasn't by himself. Its prob 2 to 1, opposed vs for non-permitted CC in LA.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I bet most of our LEOs would confirm it. When a patrol cop make a traffic stop today, everyone is considered a felon who just escaped from a prison and has a pistol under his leg, ready to fight it out to the end. They have to, they have no clue who they are preparing to engage, or who they are and where they are from, or their history. Survival basics 101 for the experienced cop. In today's environment where the LEOs are looked upon as questionable or with hate by some, they have to be prepared for the worst until proven otherwise. I'm sure this is SOP for 99% of patrol or responding LEOs today in LA, or the US for that matter. Detroit, St Louis, DC, NO, Philly, BR, Chicago.

So under these circumstances then legal non-permitted CC doesn't really matter. Criminals and/or felons are going to carry a firearm no matter what the law is. They could give a flying f*ck about the law, or any law for that matter.

So then we circle back to why do so many police chiefs in LA oppose non-permitted CC? Why is JBE vehemently opposed to it? Why has non-permitted CC been illegal in LA for what, 100 years plus? I mean when was it legal in LA previously? Not in 50 years I'm aware of for sure.
    I think maybe you just answered your question.
    There are a few higher up law enforcement that do publicly oppose the bill. If I had to guess what they are thinking I’d say it’s purely political.
    I understand cops have to be careful at all times, but somehow I don’t believe they consider every swinging dick to be a killer.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

Better question is what is wrong with LA? 25 states have now gone to permitless carry. And when FL goes, you will need to drive a day or so to reach the nearest state that DOESN’T have permitless carry as the law.

Shootings and carjackings a plenty in NOLA. More law abiding citizens carrying concealed may make these would be carjackers think twice, like the guy last week.

Blows my mind that LE wouldn’t support this. They can’t be everywhere all the time. But I take your point that it potentially complicates their job. But then I also think that LA Sheriff Association is a mostly political organization and these Sheriffs are politicians before all else and it starts to make sense.

Attachments

• 83D4662F-89BF-4B5C-9645-C7F3FDA0926A.jpeg
      83D4662F-89BF-4B5C-9645-C7F3FDA0926A.jpeg
      169.3 KB · Views: 100

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Thx Gerberman for the screenshot above. A picture is worth a thousand words :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm not opposed to non-permitted CC in LA. I say give it a shot (pun intended) and see how it works out, at the minimum. Crime is rampant in NO and BR (Shreveport data looks pretty bad too), and the po po cannot stop it. Impossible. They are freakin overwhelmed in NOLA anyways, fixing to be over run.

The savages are starting to copy cat NO and BR in Hammond. Drive bys and more gun play in the streets. Safest place in a 100 miles is Covington/Mandeville, and sometimes Covington has street shootings. Not frequently but they did kill a cop, and someone @ a convenience store on hwy 22 few years ago.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not true. BR total homicides for 2021 was 149. NOLA for 2021 was 218.

BR: https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_d54d1d9c-758d-11ec-bff2-9f1a37db411d.html

NOLA: https://www.wdsu.com/article/new-or...218-murders-well-never-get-over-this/38646625

Nor in 2020. BR = 114. NOLA = 195 (WDSU reports 202, so depends on the source) . Not even close.
    Just so happens that last year was the year I’m talking about, having read the news a few days into 2022. Baton Rouge did indeed surpass NOLA’s murder rate in 2021(last year, right?) I see you listed 2020 stats. Would it also surprise you to find that neither city was number one? That went to Opelousas. But keep on arguing. You’re half right after all.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Just so happens that last year was the year I’m talking about, having read the news a few days into 2022. Baton Rouge did indeed surpass NOLA’s murder rate in 2021(last year, right?) I see you listed 2020 stats. Would it also surprise you to find that neither city was number one? That went to Opelousas. But keep on arguing. You’re half right after all.
    Post a link, back up your claims. That shouldn't be hard for a smart guy like urself. Hyperlink an article supporting your assertions. 2021 data → lets see it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Hey man, I'm in a gunfight with this fellow (Mag) here, and he shows up with his pistol but forgot his ammunition at home :rockon:

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I have a feeling this law will pass this go around. These politicians know how to get legislation passed. The governor probably owes someone something and this won't have the spotlight on it this time around. I'll get a new permit for out of state travel but this law is long overdue.

knitefall

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    That sell-out weak governor has vetoed many good things. What's he hiding everything for? why would he not want the public to see what public schools are spending our money on?? Why would he want dudes in girl's bathrooms?

Ya'll do what you want but I been learning a lot from First Amendment Audits AND Jesse Lee Peterson on youtube. It's clear what's happening. Search them

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    My biggest fear is people who vote without taking my class.

For the low price of just $100 I will educate you on how to properly cast a ballot. When it is legal to cast a ballot. Where to cast a ballot. Most importantly, I will teach you for whom to cast a ballot.

For just $250 I will certify YOU on teaching this class. That way YOU can teach OTHERS how to vote.

Top Bottom