Louisiana Red Flag Laws

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    She is not there anymore and she did take the guns since they are her property as much as his. But in this state she is about the only one who can get him committed until they are officially divorced.
    Actually, it's fairly easy for other family or household members to do so as well. Parents, siblings, children, live-in boy/girlfriends, happens all the time.

As for marital property rights, police always refer people to civil attorneys for that stuff. A determination of who owned what before or purchased during the marriage will not be made by officers on the scene. I would not think her likely to be held criminally liable for removing or even disposing of the firearms under the circumstances given. However, the post said that she let others in to take and remove the guns, which might make it a bit trickier. If she, as the wife, sold the guns to buy groceries or pay rent, I'd think she'd be okay, but if she just let someone else come take control of them, and that party tries to refuse their return, I would think a judge would side with him and order their return barring any official adjudication preventing his possessing them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom