LSP Stopped me Friday and.......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I figured I'd join the crowd and share my story of abuse from DA MAN :D

I met up with a guy whose car broke down in BFE (a few miles from where my girlfriend lives). I figure that since I was on my way home from work, I'd drop by and help him out. 10 minutes later, I'm headed home. Keep in mind, I'm in the middle of NOWHERE driving our 1970 MGB. The speedometer reads until 30, and then hangs up until you hit 65 or so.

I'm driving down the road, with no one to pace myself next to - speed limit is a pointless 45mph. I pass an LSP car, wave to him, and then see him pull behind me with his lights on. MOTHER F:mad::mad::mad:ER. Pull into the hospital parking lot and hop out of the car while it's running (battery was SUPER weak). He gets out of the cruiser and tells me I was doing 62 in a 45 :eek3::eek3:. I chuckle thinking to myself "Ain't that my luck". He asks why I laughed, and I mention that the speedometer doesn't work - the needle was still stuck at 30 :mamoru:

We talk about the car, I show him some old pictures, and we talk about mutual friends that we know. He gives me my license back, and tells me to say hi to my friend. Best stop I've ever had :cool:

Way to go D66, you're a good guy in my book.

-Dave

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    "Say hi to your friend?"

See what I mean, always telling you what to do.......NAZI!

You should have wrote him a ticket for looking at your pistures on the side of the road where he was obviously illegally parked.

LOL. LSP is by far, generally speaking one of the most professional agencies in the state. I firmly believe it is because they have a resident quasi military type academy and it is very difficult to get hired.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    When I got my speeding ticket it was from the LSP. He had me get out and met me half way back between my truck and his unit. I had a Glock pistol in the truck under the center console but since it was not "on my person" I didn't say anything or show my CHP. He was pleasent and polite. No BS though. He never asked why I was going so fast or anything. I got my ticket and we were both on our way. Best thing was he never mentioned anything about my tint. Warning: Don't speed around Greenwell Springs Rd and N Flannery....

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    "Say hi to your friend?"

See what I mean, always telling you what to do.......NAZI!

You should have wrote him a ticket for looking at your pistures on the side of the road where he was obviously illegally parked.

LOL. LSP is by far, generally speaking one of the most professional agencies in the state. I firmly believe it is because they have a resident quasi military type academy and it is very difficult to get hired.

Haha, he was a super nice guy. My best friend used to be the dispatcher for Troop-D and all the guys loved messing with him. My neighbor is also with LSP, and they were good friends.

I've been pulled over quite a few times - sometimes for really stupid stuff - but it's all either hit or miss. I've met some of the nicest cops after doing burnouts in the middle of BFE (they seem to come out of nowhere), and then I've met some complete jerks because of a burned out blinker. Either way, I always try to give them a bit of respect.

Oh yeah, does anyone know of a good lawyer so I can sue the dept?

-Dave

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    LSP is by far, generally speaking one of the most professional agencies in the state. I firmly believe it is because they have a resident quasi military type academy and it is very difficult to get hired.

Plus they are EDUCATED!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Top Bottom