LSU student murdered in her car in Baton Rouge.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I can't say who I work for but let's just say...........they know who it was and why they did it.
    I think I could say who you work for but I won't. (Anonymity rarely exists on the internet.) It seems very unlikely the information on who it was and why they did it would run across your desk.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Those heroes were pulling people over on LSU Avenue again, pulling people over and ticketing for Inspection Stickers not even speeding. I didn't think they could pull everyone over for inspection checks anymore. The guy was blocking traffic on a blind corner, same as always, nearly causing accidents on every light cycle as people slam on their brakes. Whoever put them on an Inspection Sticker check is a *total scumbag*.

But I digress and am sure they are fund raising for the Rice investigation, or one of the other hundreds of unsolved murders in the city, to relieve the tax burden on the public.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Those heroes were pulling people over on LSU Avenue again, pulling people over and ticketing for Inspection Stickers not even speeding. I didn't think they could pull everyone over for inspection checks anymore. The guy was blocking traffic on a blind corner, same as always, nearly causing accidents on every light cycle as people slam on their brakes. Whoever put them on an Inspection Sticker check is a *total scumbag*.

But I digress and am sure they are fund raising for the Rice investigation, or one of the other hundreds of unsolved murders in the city, to relieve the tax burden on the public.

You should have stopped and said hello. It was def not for inspection sticker checks but spread whatever you want, it’s your lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Do you want to talk about how wrong you were regarding the insurance law or do you want to just keep ignoring it?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

How do you know it was for inspection stickers and not seatbelts? Or driving while holding a beer in hand?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I can't say who I work for but let's just say...........they know who it was and why they did it.
    Yeah, I imagine the folks that you work for wouldn't want you spreading BS on the internet anyway. Probably best that you only make yourself look ignorant and not them, too. Carry on.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    How do you know it was for inspection stickers and not seatbelts? Or driving while holding a beer in hand?
    They didn't ask for insurance or registration, and there were no beers or unbuckled seatbelts involved. It was pretty clear what he was doing, as he flagged passing cars to pull over for no/expired inspections.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

LSU Ave is only 5-6 blocks long. There's only one light on LSU Ave, at its intersection with Highland Rd. There can be only one blind corner on LSU Ave, turning right only LSU Ave from Highland Rd. And, unless it's overgrown in the last 6 months, it's not really much of a blind corner. If people are having to slam on their brakes, they are either not paying attention or they are taking the corner at a much too high rate of speed.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 6.48.04 PM.png

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    They didn't ask for insurance or registration, and there were no beers or unbuckled seatbelts involved. It was pretty clear what he was doing, as he flagged passing cars to pull over for no/expired inspections.
    Did you get pulled over for no/expired inspection?

Having gone to LSU for 6 years, I drove through there all the time and never once got stopped for anything. LE is out there all the time. I have quite a few friends who were written (some repeatedly) tickets for no seatbelt and/or speeding right there.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    LSU Ave is only 5-6 blocks long. There's only one light on LSU Ave, at its intersection with Highland Rd. There can be only one blind corner on LSU Ave, turning right only LSU Ave from Highland Rd. And, unless it's overgrown in the last 6 months, it's not really much of a blind corner. If people are having to slam on their brakes, they are either not paying attention or they are taking the corner at a much too high rate of speed.

View attachment 126519
    Taking a left on to LSU Ave from LSU campus is a blind corner, especially when someone is at the end of the first median is standing in the middle of the road stopping traffic and singling people out. No lights, no warnings, just a big smile on his face. Last time he had a buddy doing radar on the other lane while he stopped people turning on to LSU Ave.
    Real lifesavers there, welfare babies targeting rich kids for more handouts lol.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Taking a left on to LSU Ave from LSU campus is a blind corner, especially when someone is at the end of the first median is standing in the middle of the road stopping traffic and singling people out. No lights, no warnings, just a big smile on his face. Last time he had a buddy doing radar on the other lane while he stopped people turning on to LSU Ave.
    Real lifesavers there, welfare babies targeting rich kids for more handouts lol.
    I know it makes it sound more treacherous to call it a blind corner but anyone who has ever driven in that area knows there is nothing obstructing the view of a driver turning from Highland Rd onto LSU Ave. The misuse of the term blind corner or your exaggeration for effect causes your story to be less believable. After all, if it were true, there would be no need to exaggerate the truth. The truth would stand on it's own.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I can 100% say that is not what that officer was doing out there. Trust me I would know about what that officer was doing way more than you would. You should have stopped and introduced yourself so he can put a face with the name.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    How did we get from a young lady being murdered on Government St. to arguing about blind corners on a street several miles away ? WTFO ?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    How did we get from a young lady being murdered on Government St. to arguing about blind corners on a street several miles away ? WTFO ?
    There are plenty of areas within 1-2mi of the LSU/Highland intersection that could use the presence of a police car, or even a friendly and personable officer just sitting around and talking to people/being present. Crimes like that murder are happening while there are officers pulling people over for a non-moving violation.

Jennifer Jean area, Walmart @ Highland/Lee, anywhere east of campus, anywhere north of campus need police hanging out.

Those guys are picking easy targets for purely monetary purposes. That ticket really has little to do with safety, and the sticker does not give us lower insurance rates.
    It's just another compliance fee/tax for people being enforced, at everyone's inconvenience, while there are lots of places around the city and local to that area that could actually benefit from police presence. It is that to which my rudeness was directed. That ticket in this city is both weak and predatory.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    There are plenty of areas within 1-2mi of the LSU/Highland intersection that could use the presence of a police car, or even a friendly and personable officer just sitting around and talking to people/being present. Crimes like that murder are happening while there are officers pulling people over for a non-moving violation.

Jennifer Jean area, Walmart @ Highland/Lee, anywhere east of campus, anywhere north of campus need police hanging out.

Those guys are picking easy targets for purely monetary purposes. That ticket really has little to do with safety, and the sticker does not give us lower insurance rates.
    It's just another compliance fee/tax for people being enforced, at everyone's inconvenience, while there are lots of places around the city and local to that area that could actually benefit from police presence. It is that to which my rudeness was directed. That ticket in this city is both weak and predatory.

giphy.gif

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

For the past 10+ years LE have stopped folks there for seatbelts and inspection stickers.

Why is that so wrong?

Top Bottom