LSU student murdered in her car in Baton Rouge.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Police for a Police State? This goes to show that the government enforcers have 0 care about our Constitutional rights. 'We the people' are going to have to deal with corrupt feds sicking you on us, and the Liberals & Globalist Authoritarians get the full scale murderous chaos they are trying to create, from top to bottom. They don't kick in their own doors. It's the government that destroyed those communities with bad policy, and you want to roll through kicking in doors...to finish the job? to improve relations with the community? Hundreds of black boys are murdered here every year, no suspects for many, but a white girl gets murdered and all of a sudden the NG rolls through, and cops go door to door kicking them in and scaring everyone? You really think that will make anything better? That's how you get AOC and those degenerate trash people in Washington to play victim, and thats how you start a race war, just like they want.

C'mon y'all. Look at NOLA after, that stuff didn't work before. It never worked. People were displaced, it moved to other cities and some moved back later. You cant take out 60% of the problem from the equation and say you solved it, its not true

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Government created a fatherless society for these kids, through individual police officers enforcing trivial laws that ruined their futures, and mostly by destroying neighborhood schools/education system, and this is the result. These guys are idols for younger generations that see them as "making it big". These are the fathers of todays children. NBA Youngboy is 22 and has 9 children, and a long "rap" sheet (pun intended).

https://www.kulturevulturez.com/baton-rouge-rappers/

YouTube volunteers to give these gangsters an open platform to spread their disease, but they squash conservatives any chance they get. Spotify and Apple music sell their recruitment and warfare messages. These companies do their best to make sure the cycle perpetuates.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Police for a Police State? This goes to show that the government enforcers have 0 care about our Constitutional rights. 'We the people' are going to have to deal with corrupt feds sicking you on us, and the Liberals & Globalist Authoritarians get the full scale murderous chaos they are trying to create, from top to bottom. They don't kick in their own doors. It's the government that destroyed those communities with bad policy, and you want to roll through kicking in doors...to finish the job? to improve relations with the community? Hundreds of black boys are murdered here every year, no suspects for many, but a white girl gets murdered and all of a sudden the NG rolls through, and cops go door to door kicking them in and scaring everyone? You really think that will make anything better? That's how you get AOC and those degenerate trash people in Washington to play victim, and thats how you start a race war, just like they want.

C'mon y'all. Look at NOLA after, that stuff didn't work before. It never worked. People were displaced, it moved to other cities and some moved back later. You cant take out 60% of the problem from the equation and say you solved it, its not true
    I think you're putting too much thought into this. There have always been feral human beings and there always will be. The numbers of feral humans are growing because we as a society have lost the will to deal with it. As a society we have become soft and apathetic. We lack the will and moral fortitude to deal with the real problem that plagues us.

Hell, we won't even call it what it is. We won't even clarify the real problem which is where the problem starts. If you refuse to address the real issue and refuse to point out who the real problems are it will never be fixed and will only grow worse.

We don't even take the moral high ground. No, instead we blame society, the laws, the system, the education, etc., etc...

Everything they live under and have to abide by so do we. I have seen many, many people, underprivileged people, prosper under our system, the same system that they blame for holding them down.

There are wolves in this world and there are sheep. Some people are born and become predators, and some are born and become prey. It's sad, it's painful, I wish it was different, but until we decide as a nation to look at our problems with honesty not only will the problems never change but will get worse.

G. Michael Hopf:
    " Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And weak men create hard times. "

I'll give 1, guess where we are in time.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Government created a fatherless society for these kids, through individual police officers enforcing trivial laws that ruined their futures, and mostly by destroying neighborhood schools/education system, and this is the result. These guys are idols for younger generations that see them as "making it big". These are the fathers of todays children. NBA Youngboy is 22 and has 9 children, and a long "rap" sheet (pun intended).

YouTube volunteers to give these gangsters an open platform to spread their disease, but they squash conservatives any chance they get. Spotify and Apple music sell their recruitment and warfare messages. These companies do their best to make sure the cycle perpetuates.

Oh, the police caused the crime. Wonder why they don’t just abolish LE to clear up the crime problems?
    giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    True undercover work is usually a 1 time deal. The undercover has to testify in open court once the investigation is complete and the arrests are made. That makes him pretty much useless for additional undercover work as his cover is now blown. There's not a regular rotation of officers working undercover. The only people regularly doing anything like that are confidential informants. And they are usually low level people who got busted and are trying to keep from going to prison. If your only friend repeatedly worked undercover, he could have been a junkie who got busted and became a CI. Or maybe he was doing plain clothes drug buys and calling it undercover to make it sound more dramatic than it really was.
    I think he is having difficulty distinguishing between CI, undercover, plain clothes, and street crimes / TF units. He's definitely having trouble articulating their respective roles.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Sorry man. That 2-3 blocks is scary! Having a big bar there doesn't make it less so! I would say it just provides more opportunities for the predatory criminal vermin that infest near there!
    Exactly! That is a total non sequitur statement. Claiborne at Martin Luther King is a major thoroughfare, that doesn't mean it isn't enemy occupied territory. It certainly doesn't mean that an unarmed college age female belongs there...

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Exactly! That is a total non sequitur statement. Claiborne at Martin Luther King is a major thoroughfare, that doesn't mean it isn't enemy occupied territory. It certainly doesn't mean that an unarmed college age female belongs there...

Driving through? It happens all the time, even at night. And there's a Home Depot 2-3 blocks from that intersection. I would bet plenty of unarmed college age females go there all the time.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Driving through? It happens all the time, even at night. And there's a Home Depot 2-3 blocks from that intersection. I would bet plenty of unarmed college age females go there all the time.
    The presence of a retail store somehow negates crime stats, incident reporting, and reality? I don't think it's a coincidence that the aforementioned Home Depot is one of the few locations that employ both private security, as well as NOPD, and saw fit to place the elevated surveillance towers on the perimeter of their parking lot.
    As far as "driving through," I don't know why you included it in your reply to me, or put it in quotation marks. I never mentioned "driving through," nor was it mentioned in any comment to which I replied. Whether they are just "driving through" as you said, or establishing permanent domicile there, it is a poor decision- and poor decisions are usually a catalyst for poor outcomes. It is unwise for anyone to be in that area, much less the unarmed, unaccompanied, female. This is basic threat assessment and mitigation.
    Remind us, when and why you left GNO law enforcement, and fled to your present location? The LEO conditions of GNO were a major deciding factor. Trying to argue that the area is a low threat area based on traffic volume and the presence of mercantile occupancies is futile, at best, agenda driven at worst. Former Task Force officers, the 6th District, and NOPD as a whole would disagree with your assessment.
    I agree that many unarmed females go through there- that does not make it a wise choice. Many college kids go to the Horn of Africa to do charity work; that hardly makes it safe. There is no shortage of idealistic young people, whose finances exceed their wisdom, willing to spend seven figures on their "Garden District" home (which is actually in Central City or the former St Thomas project, for those of us who can read a municipal map or real property title). Does that make it wise or safe? Many people are doing it. Anyone choosing that route, or that neighborhood, is flirting with natural selection. My family was taught to identify hazards and threats, regardless of what the crowd is doing; we are all present or accounted for, despite extremely high hazard careers. That is not a coincidence, and not all parents can say the same...

Last edited:

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield

The government didn’t make their parents commit crimes.

I think you need to read the FBI violent crime statistics.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The presence of a retail store somehow negates crime stats, incident reporting, and reality? I don't think it's a coincidence that the aforementioned Home Depot is one of the few locations that employ both private security, as well as NOPD, and saw fit to place the elevated surveillance towers on the perimeter of their parking lot.
    As far as "driving through," I don't know why you included it in your reply to me, or put it in quotation marks. I never mentioned "driving through," nor was it mentioned in any comment to which I replied. Whether they are just "driving through" as you said, or establishing permanent domicile there, it is a poor decision- and poor decisions are usually a catalyst for poor outcomes. It is unwise for anyone to be in that area, much less the unarmed, unaccompanied, female. This is basic threat assessment and mitigation.
    Remind us, when and why you left GNO law enforcement, and fled to your present location? The LEO conditions of GNO were a major deciding factor. Trying to argue that the area is a low threat area based on traffic volume and the presence of mercantile occupancies is futile, at best, agenda driven at worst. Former Task Force officers, the 6th District, and NOPD as a whole would disagree with your assessment.
    I agree that many unarmed females go through there- that does not make it a wise choice. Many college kids go to the Horn of Africa to do charity work; that hardly makes it safe. There is no shortage of idealistic young people, whose finances exceed their wisdom, willing to spend seven figures on their "Garden District" home (which is actually in Central City or the former St Thomas project, for those of us who can read a municipal map or real property title). Does that make it wise or safe? Many people are doing it. Anyone choosing that route, or that neighborhood, is flirting with natural selection. My family was taught to identify hazards and threats, regardless of what the crowd is doing; we are all present or accounted for, despite extremely high hazard careers. That is not a coincidence, and not all parents can say the same...
    Driving through was included because it was part of the conversation you joined and it refutes your claim that "It certainly doesn't mean that an unarmed college age female belongs there." But I never put it in quotes.

And I'm making no claims regarding the area, just the intersection. In 2022, there seems to have been about 4 persons crime at that intersection:
    Aggravated Battery (Cutting) on 08/21/2022
    Simple Assault (Domestic) on 05/17/2022
    Aggravated Battery (Cutting) on 05/12/2022
    Simple Battery on 03/19/2022

Without digging further, there's no way to tell which ones of those, if any, involved a random person just driving through. Except the domestic, that's usually not a random victim.

With regard to the added security at Home Depot, is there a chance their main goal isn't to protect the people? Might they be there for some other reason and protecting people is only a natural byproduct? Of the 42 incidents so far this year, 31 of them were one of theft, trespassing, fraud, vandalism, and disorderly conduct. Of the remaining 11, 7 were burglary from a vehicle. The remaining 4 were the only persons crimes.
    Aggravated Battery (Shooting) on 08/13/2022
    Simple Battery on 04/27/2022
    Threats on 02/28/2022
    Simple Assault on 01/15/2022

With regards to the area, there were about 356 incidents so far this year.

And I begrudgingly left NOPD to relocate for family reasons. My boss at the time asked if a take home car could convince me to relocate without leaving the job. My leaving had nothing to do with the job.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Driving through was included because it was part of the conversation you joined and it refutes your claim that "It certainly doesn't mean that an unarmed college age female belongs there." But I never put it in quotes.

And I'm making no claims regarding the area, just the intersection. In 2022, there seems to have been about 4 persons crime at that intersection:
    Aggravated Battery (Cutting) on 08/21/2022
    Simple Assault (Domestic) on 05/17/2022
    Aggravated Battery (Cutting) on 05/12/2022
    Simple Battery on 03/19/2022

Without digging further, there's no way to tell which ones of those, if any, involved a random person just driving through. Except the domestic, that's usually not a random victim.

With regard to the added security at Home Depot, is there a chance their main goal isn't to protect the people? Might they be there for some other reason and protecting people is only a natural byproduct? Of the 42 incidents so far this year, 31 of them were one of theft, trespassing, fraud, vandalism, and disorderly conduct. Of the remaining 11, 7 were burglary from a vehicle. The remaining 4 were the only persons crimes.
    Aggravated Battery (Shooting) on 08/13/2022
    Simple Battery on 04/27/2022
    Threats on 02/28/2022
    Simple Assault on 01/15/2022

With regards to the area, there were about 356 incidents so far this year.

And I begrudgingly left NOPD to relocate for family reasons. My boss at the time asked if a take home car could convince me to relocate without leaving the job. My leaving had nothing to do with the job.
    Seriously? Crime stats for the intersection alone? Why not pick an individual quadrant, to really narrow the results? Pick either of gas stations and there are more calls for public service in a month than some rep areas in JP annually. Let's not forget a casual motion search for the regulars, or even officer initiated items/ incidents.
    Let's be realistic and use the surrounding area. Let's see how many Unfounded /GOA were marked up for those locations, after the complainant got tired of waiting for hours and went to a hospital POV, etc, or an armed robbery has been downgraded to an aggravated assault, etc. Calls for public service are the metric, not the handful of cleared RTF. Again, neither you, or anyone else on the job rushed to raise a family in the idyllic, Norman Rockwell area that your gerrymandered statistics present it to be.
    By your reporting there is no justification for anything beyond regular patrol, much less the special assignment units operating in that part of the 6th.
    You are wasting your time if you are trying to convince ANYONE here that it is a low crime/ low risk environment, and is suitable for unarmed loved ones. Your former department strongly disagrees with you. There is a difference between objectively interpreting empirical data and being a pedantic contrarian. Anyone sincerely trying to argue that it is a safe area is a provocateur looking to debate for their personal enjoyment, not the enlightenment or well-being of the reader.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Seriously? Crime stats for the intersection alone? Why not pick an individual quadrant, to really narrow the results? Pick either of gas stations and there are more calls for public service in a month than some rep areas in JP annually. Let's not forget a casual motion search for the regulars, or even officer initiated items/ incidents.
    Let's be realistic and use the surrounding area. Let's see how many Unfounded /GOA were marked up for those locations, after the complainant got tired of waiting for hours and went to a hospital POV, etc, or an armed robbery has been downgraded to an aggravated assault, etc. Calls for public service are the metric, not the handful of cleared RTF. Again, neither you, or anyone else on the job rushed to raise a family in the idyllic, Norman Rockwell area that your gerrymandered statistics present it to be.
    By your reporting there is no justification for anything beyond regular patrol, much less the special assignment units operating in that part of the 6th.
    You are wasting your time if you are trying to convince ANYONE here that it is a low crime/ low risk environment, and is suitable for unarmed loved ones. Your former department strongly disagrees with you. There is a difference between objectively interpreting empirical data and being a pedantic contrarian. Anyone sincerely trying to argue that it is a safe area is a provocateur looking to debate for their personal enjoyment, not the enlightenment or well-being of the reader.
    Yes, seriously, crime states for the relevant area, the intersection you mentioned. The item of concern is the safety of the people driving through, not what goes on in the surrounding area. So feel free to present the stats for the number of unfounded/goa calls for service at the intersection. And even if a complainant relocated to a hospital, any police interaction would still be listed for the original location. Again, I'm not claiming anything about the gas stations or the areas around the intersection. I'm not claiming the area is a low risk/low crime area. Therefore, the stuff about what I'm justifying in the surrounding area cannot be correct. I'm saying the danger to someone driving through is very low.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    OK , back to the actual topic ... I just saw this .
    1664368837682.png
    GONZALES, La. (WAFB) - A fundraiser is being planned to help the family of Allison Rice pay for funeral expenses.
    A giveback night and fundraiser will take place at the Walk On’s restaurant in Gonzales on Thursday, Oct. 6. The restaurant is located at 14569 Airline Highway in Gonzales.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    OK , back to the actual topic ... I just saw this .
    View attachment 126488
    GONZALES, La. (WAFB) - A fundraiser is being planned to help the family of Allison Rice pay for funeral expenses.
    A giveback night and fundraiser will take place at the Walk On’s restaurant in Gonzales on Thursday, Oct. 6. The restaurant is located at 14569 Airline Highway in Gonzales.

Ascension boutique creating 'Live Like Allie' shirts to continue supporting Rice family

A number of places are trying to help out. I believe she's from the Ascension Parish area. I seem to remember hearing she went to Dutchtown HS.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If this happened at the spot I think it did I grew up near there. It’s ones of those areas that if you go a couple blocks one way it’s high property value and well to do people. A couple blocks the other way and it’s the exact opposite. And now that they did to government st. what they did I wonder if people think it’s a safe area. They made the street kinda pretty but it’s still a dump and you best watch your back around there.

nolliabed

Southern_Born
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Lafayette LA.
    There is no reason to bring race into this. Let's not go there, please.
    No one is bringing race into this. The shooters were black and they killed her. Period. If people can't handle the facts then they need to just stick their heads in the sand. I stop at those same tracks every morning going to work and it's dark when I am in route. I on the other hand am ready for when/if this happens to me. BR has become one of the murder capitals of the US. I just choose not to be a victim.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No one is bringing race into this. The shooters were black and they killed her. Period. If people can't handle the facts then they need to just stick their heads in the sand. I stop at those same tracks every morning going to work and it's dark when I am in route. I on the other hand am ready for when/if this happens to me. BR has become one of the murder capitals of the US. I just choose not to be a victim.
    I thought the police don't know who the shooter(s?) were, still?

Top Bottom