LSU student murdered in her car in Baton Rouge.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    There is no reason to bring race into this. Let's not go there, please.
    It’s the truth though and has nothing to do with race baiting or being a racist. It’s simply stating a fact of the situation at hand. Instead of shun the conversation because we’re afraid of hurting someone’s feelings why not talk about it? Why is it that one race is responsible for the vast majority of violent crime in America?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    It’s the truth though and has nothing to do with race baiting or being a racist. It’s simply stating a fact of the situation at hand. Instead of shun the conversation because we’re afraid of hurting someone’s feelings why not talk about it? Why is it that one race is responsible for the vast majority of violent crime in America?
    That is exactly my thoughts too, but I respected Austin's wishes. The simple fact is in south LA (like BR and NO) 98% of the violent crime is committed by one race. Its a damned plague of epic proportion. And unless you recognize it for what it really is, you cannot even begin repair it. But so many people just want to ignore the obvious, even suppress the truth.

So many are in straight up denial, lets not mention or discuss the truth. And its not just south LA either. Pick any large US metropolis with a pop > 250k and a majority black pop.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Law enforcement today is reactive, they react to crime. Unless you address the root causes (social, societal, family unit, education, economic), we are doomed.
    I see absolutely nothing at this point to deter the violent crime plaguing NO or BR going forward, and many other US cities. Only gonna get worse going forward imo.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    student murdered in BR.

WAFB report

Leaving a local hot spot in the early hours of the morning and stopped at a railroad crossing in downtown BR.
    My daughter is a senior at LSU and when we did our orientation this young lady was in our group. Very sad. I am always stressing for my daughter to stay aware of her surroundings when doing everything she does.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    90hr work week, even at base pay, is well over "making ends meet." In fact it puts them in the $75k category, which means they are almost completely unphased by economic trends, and things like inflation and cost of living increases. I'm not saying they shouldn't make that kind of money, just saying that it's a victim and scapegoat argument used by people to make excuses for poorly run administrations and departments.

Have you ever been in those neighborhoods? I thought you were a cop, maybe not. Undercover cops do not count towards Risk/Danger "Presence" to any benefit of a community. They are not seen as threat mitigators, they are seen as threat proponents (one of the crew) until the real threats are dealt with. "Heavy presence" is quite subjective. I've worked and volunteered in some of the worst neighborhoods in this city an have *never* seen a Gang Unit acting as a mitigation unit, only enforcement and rarely, nor have any of the people I have talked to about crime *ever* mentioned any kind of threat mitigation due to those units, in the manner they are used. I know they are hard workers and they are there, but they are ultimately ineffective and the statistics prove it. (Gang initiations often = Murder, do the undercovers participate...or is the act of murder the Gang's way of making sure the new recruit is not a cop? Gang units and Narcs quite possibly increase the rate of murder in those communities, simply by their methods of infiltration and policing.)

People are too afraid of Individual Liberty to do things that would actually lower crimes, and reduce gangs and human trafficking.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Deschedule Cannabis (Cannabis as Schedule 1 drives Meth/Hard Drug use because they leave the system quickly), Legalize it (Medical alone further drives the Black Market, Cannabis Black Market is still the primary motivator for large scale drug distribution and related violence.), Decriminalize Prostitution and make a legal registry (Las Vegas style, makes human trafficking more challenging for scumbags by allowing individuals to legally perform their chosen business, that is every bit as old as any other business, regardless of moral challenges/depravity), Legalize/Protect Constitutional Carry, affirm Right to Protect/No Retreat doctrine.

Any one of those, or all of them, would reduce violent crime and reduce the power of gangs.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Deschedule Cannabis (Cannabis as Schedule 1 drives Meth/Hard Drug use because they leave the system quickly), Legalize it (Medical alone further drives the Black Market, Cannabis Black Market is still the primary motivator for large scale drug distribution and related violence.), Decriminalize Prostitution and make a legal registry (Las Vegas style, makes human trafficking more challenging for scumbags by allowing individuals to legally perform their chosen business, that is every bit as old as any other business, regardless of moral challenges/depravity), Legalize/Protect Constitutional Carry, affirm Right to Protect/No Retreat doctrine.

Any one of those, or all of them, would reduce violent crime and reduce the power of gangs.

The legalize prostitution deal will never happen in LA, least not in the next 50 years for sure. Can you see NOLA attempting to manage or wrangle legalized prostitution on top of their epic crime and violence problems? The FQ and legal prostitution? You a funny guy.

Vegas has done just what you suggest, and they still have a substantial crime problem.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    The legalize prostitution deal will never happen in LA, least not in the next 50 years for sure. Can you see NOLA attempting to manage or wrangle legalized prostitution on top of their epic crime and violence problems? The FQ and legal prostitution? You a funny guy.

Vegas has done just what you suggest, and they still have a substantial crime problem.
    There is no cure for crime, best preventative is a powerful public (armed), but what I said is that it would -reduce- violent crime and -reduce- the power of gangs. There will still be problems, no magic bullets. When the feds were snuffing out gangsters, murdering 'Public Enemies No 1' in the 30's with prejudice, it did not stop crime. Criminals got more violent to retain their secrets, and more refined in actions. Authoritarianism did not work then and it still doesn't work. The most effective Government response to gang activity was ending Prohibition.

Legal Cannabis states enjoyed crime drops of apx 10-30% in the years just after ending their prohibitions, and HUGE increases in tax revenue.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    90hr work week, even at base pay, is well over "making ends meet." In fact it puts them in the $75k category, which means they are almost completely unphased by economic trends, and things like inflation and cost of living increases. I'm not saying they shouldn't make that kind of money, just saying that it's a victim and scapegoat argument used by people to make excuses for poorly run administrations and departments.

Have you ever been in those neighborhoods? I thought you were a cop, maybe not. Undercover cops do not count towards Risk/Danger "Presence" to any benefit of a community. They are not seen as threat mitigators, they are seen as threat proponents (one of the crew) until the real threats are dealt with. "Heavy presence" is quite subjective. I've worked and volunteered in some of the worst neighborhoods in this city an have *never* seen a Gang Unit acting as a mitigation unit, only enforcement and rarely, nor have any of the people I have talked to about crime *ever* mentioned any kind of threat mitigation due to those units, in the manner they are used. I know they are hard workers and they are there, but they are ultimately ineffective and the statistics prove it. (Gang initiations often = Murder, do the undercovers participate...or is the act of murder the Gang's way of making sure the new recruit is not a cop? Gang units and Narcs quite possibly increase the rate of murder in those communities, simply by their methods of infiltration and policing.)

People are too afraid of Individual Liberty to do things that would actually lower crimes, and reduce gangs and human trafficking.
    If you had the option of working 90 hours a week or working 50 hours per week for the same pay, which one would you choose? The pay issue is a legitimate reason to work or not work somewhere, especially if someone doesn't have a family to relocate.

Outside of tv and movies, a gang unit does not mean an undercover unit. It's a usually proactive unit that targets a specific group of crimes. There are plenty of specialized units in various departments. Gang unit, vice unit, drug unit, sex crimes unit, child abuse unit, homicide unit. I'm sure there are more. In larger cities, those units have the potential to be effective because they look at the issue as a whole as compared to a patrol officer who my typically looks at an incident as one event in their district. The specialized units will generally cover the entire city and would be in a better position to see how multiple incidents across the city are related. Specialized units do not increase the rate of murder in communities. Undercover operations are rare.

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    If you had the option of working 90 hours a week or working 50 hours per week for the same pay, which one would you choose? The pay issue is a legitimate reason to work or not work somewhere, especially if someone doesn't have a family to relocate.

Outside of tv and movies, a gang unit does not mean an undercover unit. It's a usually proactive unit that targets a specific group of crimes. There are plenty of specialized units in various departments. Gang unit, vice unit, drug unit, sex crimes unit, child abuse unit, homicide unit. I'm sure there are more. In larger cities, those units have the potential to be effective because they look at the issue as a whole as compared to a patrol officer who my typically looks at an incident as one event in their district. The specialized units will generally cover the entire city and would be in a better position to see how multiple incidents across the city are related. Specialized units do not increase the rate of murder in communities. Undercover operations are rare.
    We witnessed the mass exodus after sterling and the loss of a decent chief. I feel like it’s a mix of money and support/ not being afraid your own are out to get you constantly.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I watched that interview. Really sad for her family and friends. It's very concerning to me that someone/ anyone, would randomly shoot an innocent college girl for no reason at all. I'm not naive, but what the hell kind of world is this becoming?

Almost certainly it was a black person that did this. Was it racially motivated? If it is, does anyone think this would be pursued as a hate crime?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My son is a Deputy in a neighboring Parish . Apparently the pay , benefits , and atmosphere is better there because he has " trained " several BRPD folks that came over .

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

It’s not legal in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I would never blame the victim for this horrendous tragedy! But, I keep asking myself; what was this girl doing driving through there? Especially that late at night? I get slightly worried to drive near that spot on Government St., in broad daylight; and I am armed to the teeth with spidee senses on full alert!

Tell your driving age children and your spouses, there are places in this sh*thole, you should never drive through or near, at any time in your life! For instance; if you find yourself on or near a street in B.R. with a "Gus" or a "Young" in the name, hit the gas, and do not stop for lights, stop signs, or to avoid running over people in the middle of the street! The cops will understand!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I would never blame the victim for this horrendous tragedy! But, I keep asking myself; what was this girl doing driving through there? Especially that late at night? I get slightly worried to drive near that spot on Government St., in broad daylight; and I am armed to the teeth with spidee senses on full alert!
    She just left a local hot spot (Res Stick Social I believe) on Government St just after 0200, stopped for a train, somebody approaches her vehicle, she was trying to turn around to escape, and was shot. Report says 5 rounds fired into vehicle.

I mean she was 21, LSU college student. Prob headed home. They should promptly cut of his or her head after being convicted in court. Just my opinion. Nice fat log and a machete. Do it in public. Little current deterrent for crime in NO or BR.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

The only friend I have that was in a gang unit used to work undercover. There seems to be a pretty regular rotation of people working jobs like that, probably not all are actually LEA/LEOs. Yeah, organized/intentional crime is virtually impossible for a lone patrol officer to address/investigate/solve.

No one should have to work 50 or 90 hours to make ends meet, or to make a good living. More waking hours away from your family and children than with them, chasing money all over and having family networks and friendships torn apart. It's as inhumane/anti-liberty as taxes and regulations are. We have a very challenging society with regards to money and quality of life. There are lifestyle and debt traps all over the place. Things like that, and Louisiana's very aggressive policy for "occupational licensing", do a great job of keeping people from working regular jobs, out of work, or in various "illegal" operations. It prevents many entrepreneurs from creating successful businesses and jobs. I'm not talking about drug dealers or pimps. Has the lawn guy ever planted a tree for you or your family as part of his service for a fee? If he doesn't have his Horticulture License he's a criminal that owes a fine. He has to pass an extensive test with chemistry and math, so that he can charge you $10 above the retail plant cost to plant a tree, and if he does it without the license/passing he owes the government $500. Has he/she ever applied pesticide? That is a whole different test and license...and fine. These tests have a high fail rate and cost $100+ each time you take them. The study material is provided by a nonprofit that is funded by taxes and Big Ag, who uses them to get cheap migrant labor. Do we really expect people to abide by corrupt laws and regulations?

This all a limited example of why La is a poop-shoot when it comes to crime and poverty. Pop-culture has something to do with it, and people raised by only mom. She may or may not work 50-90hrs a week to make ends meet, and either way the result is absent parenting or welfare culture. It's a lose-lose situation. Lack of respect for men and emasculation, making men an economic choice, has something to do with it. Population density, lack of skills training opportunities, social media, it's all part of the puzzle and problem.

Neighborhood schools would also help a lot to improve communities (though the government & ruling class would hate it because of community organization).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom