LSU student murdered in her car in Baton Rouge.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    She just left a local hot spot (Res Stick Social I believe) on Government St just after 0200, stopped for a train, somebody approaches her vehicle, she was trying to turn around to escape, and was shot. Report says 5 rounds fired into vehicle.

I mean she was 21, LSU college student. Prob headed home. They should promptly cut of his or her head after being convicted in court. Just my opinion. Nice fat log and a machete. Do it in public. Little current deterrent for crime in NO or BR.
    The left would cry lynching. This is precisely why we need legal public lynchings across the US to remind these cowards we will not tolerate cold blooded murder. The West was won by hard men and lots of rope. School shootings would have been followed by dragging and torturing the killer in the streets and burning or hanging them. It was not a racist invention. They lynched whites, browns, blacks, yellows, reds etc. Unfortunately it became a racist event in some areas. And citizens don't have the stomach to watch a kid get tortured for killing other kids. The solution is public hanging after a fast tracked trial for school shootings. Let them shake and twitch and **** themselves. These cowards love to kill and think it's a game, the only way to stop them will be a lot of rope.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The only friend I have that was in a gang unit used to work undercover. There seems to be a pretty regular rotation of people working jobs like that, probably not all are actually LEA/LEOs. Yeah, organized/intentional crime is virtually impossible for a lone patrol officer to address/investigate/solve.

True undercover work is usually a 1 time deal. The undercover has to testify in open court once the investigation is complete and the arrests are made. That makes him pretty much useless for additional undercover work as his cover is now blown. There's not a regular rotation of officers working undercover. The only people regularly doing anything like that are confidential informants. And they are usually low level people who got busted and are trying to keep from going to prison. If your only friend repeatedly worked undercover, he could have been a junkie who got busted and became a CI. Or maybe he was doing plain clothes drug buys and calling it undercover to make it sound more dramatic than it really was.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would never blame the victim for this horrendous tragedy! But, I keep asking myself; what was this girl doing driving through there? Especially that late at night? I get slightly worried to drive near that spot on Government St., in broad daylight; and I am armed to the teeth with spidee senses on full alert!

Tell your driving age children and your spouses, there are places in this sh*thole, you should never drive through or near, at any time in your life! For instance; if you find yourself on or near a street in B.R. with a "Gus" or a "Young" in the name, hit the gas, and do not stop for lights, stop signs, or to avoid running over people in the middle of the street! The cops will understand!

Government St is a main route to and from downtown. And as was pointed out, there's a large club right next to the tracks.

LEO1109

Retired NOT Dead
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Denham Springs
    People will murder for fun in certain areas of this city, and that is one. There have been numerous murders within 1 block of that murder over the last 5-10 years.

The BRPD is 150+ officers short, recruitment is awful, recruiting standards are lowered repeatedly and they still cant get decent applicants, there are hundreds of unsolved murders in this city with no suspects, there are over 300 murder suspects on the streets post-bail and awaiting trial.

There was a speed trap on LSU Avenue the other day. I doubt they planned that as a priority activity, but someone did. I guess we all have our priorities, and do what we're told by the people that keep us paid. I have never seen a speed trap by that murder scene though. Go figure.
    Your exactly right! I was a LEO in NOLA for 14 years (worked in every district) and moved to the BR area, worked in BR 12 years (worked in every district) and finally had enough. All of EBR Parish (like Orleans Parish), "The Bottoms", around the LSU campus, Scotlandville (North Baton Rouge), whole zip code "70805"("CC Town", "Mall City", Brookstown, Gus Young), Glen Oaks, Zion City and St. Jean Apartments. I think you get the picture. Put it this way - it is North NOLA! There are four police districts in the city and there are enclaves of "Light Crime" areas. If you blink you could miss them. It spread to Zachary, Baker (has always been a mini-BR), Denham Springs, Prairieville, Gonzales. Every city in Louisiana come to think of it. Some cities with pockets that are cancerous!

You have "woke", African American women as mayor in both cities! But you can't blame it on just the women. There was "woke", African American men running these cities before them. In law enforcement we call that a clue! People up here like to blame it on Katrina, when most of the customers I dealt with were home grown in EBR Parish or WBR Parish (Port Allen and Plaquemine), are microcosms of BR. Most of the apartment complexes in BR would be called, "Projects" if they were in NOLA. Thank you, HUD!

You and your whole family has to CC or at least keep their "Assault Deterrent Device" close by everywhere nowadays. In ALL hours of the day, mostly from sundown to sunup, just driving through either of these cities you're a targeted victim.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    People blame it on Katrina BC it flushed many of NOLA's finest to BR, Hammond, and Laplace. I saw it first hand in laplace, I lived there 37 years before bailing in Nov 2014. A spreading cancer in our society. I've been in Hammond almost 8 years and i frequently wonder while driving around what a great town it must have been 25 or 30 years ago. Not that it is the dregs, but it had to be so much better back then. Downtown, college town, night life, all the ladies around. The city works really hard to keep it clean, but some litter like crazy. They now shoplift like mad, and in the last 8 months, two shootings in downtown area late night/early morning. Had prob 2 or 3 murders this year so far, typical players. Your input and experience as a LEO in both cites is really insightful.
    @LEO1109 so from your experience in both cities and the current issues, what do you think can be done to get a grip on the crime and violence? Or can we?

Popeye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Prairieville
    student murdered in BR.

WAFB report

Leaving a local hot spot in the early hours of the morning and stopped at a railroad crossing in downtown BR.
    Re-introducing corporal punishment program in schools might be a way to teach basic respect and accepted manners of conduct. Many schools don’t allow paddles in schools but are opting for guns instead — by arming teachers. So some schools bypassing corporal punishment methods and going straight to capital punishment methods and becoming judge, jury and executioner. If you want to reduce crime, all schools (k-22) need to become intimately involved with teaching good conduct. I do mean teaching good conduct up to the 22nd Grade because some people take 10 years of college to graduate with 100s of thousands of dollars in school loans which contributes to their delinquencies. Reintroduce the Paddle in schools:

Attachments

• 0C4E6E95-E65F-4B28-BCEA-DAA76F7AB57F.jpeg
      0C4E6E95-E65F-4B28-BCEA-DAA76F7AB57F.jpeg
      45.1 KB · Views: 11

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    We don't need teachers spanking kids. They'll try to beat the Conservative/Republican right out of them, with these liberal authoritarian government worshipers that are leading schools and teaching woke history and math to our victimized and or shamed children. We need neighborhood schools so mom & dad can show up for meetings to face teachers, go to school events, support their kids in sports, and to whip dat A when their kids need it. Getting rid of neighborhood schools did more to destroy this country than most of the other policies they have come up with.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Yeah corporal punishment will never make it back into any US school, that just isn't happening. One of the main problems is destruction of the traditional family unit imo. So many of these children are growing up in a single parent household, many with no father around, and mom working her butt off to keep the ship afloat. Little supervision, and poverty too. Many end up on the streets and in a gang or selling drugs or stealing. Its not up to schools/teachers to teach children right from wrong, discipline, or morals. That should occur at home by parents.

You have to ask yourself why is so much of this violence in BR or NO in the black community? Versus the white pop. I cannot remember the last time I saw a white shooter on any NOLA news source. There was one on the west bank, road rage but that has to be 2 or 3 years ago. When is the last time you saw a white male say age < 30 shooting anyone committing a crime? In BR or NOLA. So what is so radically different in those communities, or ethnic groups? Where is the failure or failures?

White males have the active shooter market cornered, that I'll concede. But all other violent crime they are rare players, least down here. Validated by FBI statistics too. Biden will do anything to stop active shooters at schools, but why isn't violent crime in the US such a priority with him? Prob 200 people die every week in the US due to crime or gun violence. Where is Biden's rage on that?

45,000 gun deaths in 2020 → https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

jbanks2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    There is no reason to bring race into this. Let's not go there, please.
    There is no reason not to... Given the demographics of the area and the crime stats... It all fits the crime... Let facts be facts and keep your woke lefty sensitivities in your back pocket...

I grew up in that area and every time I was stopped at that train tracks at night. I always had my 9mm in my hand...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Government St is a main route to and from downtown. And as was pointed out, there's a large club right next to the tracks.
    Sorry man. That 2-3 blocks is scary! Having a big bar there doesn't make it less so! I would say it just provides more opportunities for the predatory criminal vermin that infest near there!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Kids from that area were in my school district. I watched brilliant artists and smart kids get dumbed down by the Gs in the area, bullied for being smart and trying hard. It was really sad. Almost all of their families had a dad in jail over selling/possessing weed or worse, no dad, or with a record and career limited. My schools were 70-90%, mostly poor and inner city, black kids.

Growing up poor here sucks for anyone.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I worked across the street from the murder scene for 12 yrs or so . The old Entergy office . I was there at all hours day or night . I saw some strange characters but nothing real scary .

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    There is no reason not to... Given the demographics of the area and the crime stats... It all fits the crime... Let facts be facts and keep your woke lefty sensitivities in your back pocket...

I grew up in that area and every time I was stopped at that train tracks at night. I always had my 9mm in my hand...
    Woke lefty sensitivities? Really?

The reason not to is because most folks simply aren't educated enough on the matter to contribute to a conversation without being openly and ignorantly racist.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The restaurant where Allie Rice worked has increased the reward to $37,500. Maybe somebody will spill the beans for that kind of money. I sure hope so.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    The restaurant where Allie Rice worked has increased the reward to $37,500. Maybe somebody will spill the beans for that kind of money. I sure hope so.
    That is The Shed and their food is excellent, the Pulled Brisket sandwich is off the chain.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I hope USMS starts kicking doors and the nat guard starts flying over for ISR assists again.

We are a HIDTA after all.

Dude, where you been? We are now living in a society where no knock warrants are seriously frowned on or banned altogether. More sympathy and love for perps, criminals, the incarcerated, and former cons than victims and LE, in some cities.

I have typed before the only way to restore public safety at this point in NOLA is armed NG troops patrolling. Like after Katrina for months, I was there. Safest the city has been for 40 years. Shawn Fergeson and NOLA's queen cannot fix it. The queen is a thief too, and prone to fraud imo. But they brought in a couple experts from NYC. Prob being paid $200 an hour. Cantrell is catching a lot of heat right now for various accusations and charges. She earns $188k annually and feels that's just not enough.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom