Lynx 12 recoil

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Just got a Lynx 12 and it mauls my shoulder with that narrow little AK stock. What have you guys done to mitigate this and muzzle climb? Any muzzle devices and stocks I should try or avoid? I'd like to stay away from M4 style stocks if at all possible

duckboya5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2023
    St. Bernard Parish
    You've probably done this already, but make sure if you have the adjustable gas system, you have it set properly. You want to bleed off excess gas and only use what's necessary to cycle the gun. I found mine to not be terrible on recoil.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You've probably done this already, but make sure if you have the adjustable gas system, you have it set properly. You want to bleed off excess gas and only use what's necessary to cycle the gun. I found mine to not be terrible on recoil.
    This. I have an all metal folder on my Saiga and I’ll routinely dump a drum and never feel it.
    I’ve since found the correct Russian brake and I do notice the difference.
    You can see the adjustment up front over the barrel, sort of looks like a choke tube.

Attachments

• IMG_9995.jpeg
      IMG_9995.jpeg
      526.3 KB · Views: 41
    • IMG_9406.png
      IMG_9406.png
      3 MB · Views: 39
    • IMG_2073.png
      IMG_2073.png
      2.6 MB · Views: 43
    Last edited:

duckboya5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2023
    St. Bernard Parish
    Swampydog,

I second that. make sure the gas system is properly adjusted. I have the exact same gun and have not experienced the severe recoil you have mentioned. Now the comb is a different story. Way too high, and is tough on the cheekbone because I have to force my face down hard into the stock to line up front and rear sights. But heavy recoil hasn't been an issue.

Top Bottom