M1 carbine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    As usual I am behind the power curve and short of cash. I have been trying to purchase one from the CMP website but man people really want those suckers!

Examinator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Denham Springs
    Im with you. The price on those things jump significantly in the last year. What used to be $600-$800 is now $1000-$1200. I have not tried the CMP route, not part of an eligible club.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Woulda, Coulda, shoulda bought all when available. I wasn't much into the Carbines so i passed up bargains and can say the same for other gun opportunities. Obama will never bring the lend lease back into the country, specially since its a bad ole assault rifle from WWII.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Yeah I almost got one when I picked up my Springfield Garand a couple of years ago and I just wasnt interested. I bib up to 1450.00 last night and the auction ended at over 1700.00. I guess I will get one of the H and R Garands while some are still available and leave it at that. Examinator did you look at the CMP website on eligibility requirements? They offer several options and it seems like it wouldnt be hard to qualify.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Im with you. The price on those things jump significantly in the last year. What used to be $600-$800 is now $1000-$1200. I have not tried the CMP route, not part of an eligible club.
    Join the LSA (lousiana shooting association) 10 bucks a year cmp affiliated and other firearms activity can include a cpl, hunters safety card, or if you competed in a match almost anything...

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    There was a really nice Inland at the gun show today but I couldn't part with that much money, however the gun was what I thought a bargain. Six digit serial, push button safety, flip sights, type I barrel band, two hole hanguard, hi-wood stock, and he said internals were correct $1800.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Got my sling in for my garand today. Very nice! I wish I could remember who suggested the site but I cant find the thread. Even came with a matching key chain.
    a7u4y7y6.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom