Maglite conversion .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I was rooting around in the closet and found a mint condition 6D Maglite that I forgot I had . It's the old style bulb so it's more of a club than a useful light . Is there a conversion that can be done ( reasonably )to make it more efficient or should I just unload it ?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I did a LED kit on my old D Battery ones. Works good for the cost and I keep rechargeable batteries in them I already had in them.
    Was cheap enough to add the LED kits.
    Also makes a great weapon for auto carry.
    Better than the cops,asking why I have a small bat.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    some people on here say they have a led conversion that makes them 50,000 lumens and will smoke all the top brands out there

Well, that's just not true LOL.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    https://lumencraft.com/led-upgrades...x-xhp50-dropin-bulb-for-magltie-6-d-cell.html

Lumencraft LED Conversion Kit for Maglite Flashlight - 5000 lumen for 6 D Cell - High Power Upgrade for Maglight with Cree XHP50 Emitters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093JH6KG6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_58AWR7MWPYYY8NFQY805

That is the ones I used.
    Yes I know not as good as a new state of the art flashlights. But you already have tge old ones and better than tossing them out.
    Good for an extra to have around.
    And the D Batteries really last with the LED

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    https://lumencraft.com/led-upgrades...x-xhp50-dropin-bulb-for-magltie-6-d-cell.html

Lumencraft LED Conversion Kit for Maglite Flashlight - 5000 lumen for 6 D Cell - High Power Upgrade for Maglight with Cree XHP50 Emitters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093JH6KG6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_58AWR7MWPYYY8NFQY805

Let the thing retire, it's old technology. I know a Canadian guy who makes pretty sweet flashlights for much less money, plus it'll go in your pocket without you needing to walk with a limp.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Let the thing retire, it's old technology. I know a Canadian guy who makes pretty sweet flashlights for much less money, plus it'll go in your pocket without you needing to walk with a limp.
    Agreed. Even a modified Maglite won't compare to modern lights.

Speaking of your Canadian friend, let him know I want to buy a few whenever they're ready.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I was rooting around in the closet and found a mint condition 6D Maglite that I forgot I had . It's the old style bulb so it's more of a club than a useful light . Is there a conversion that can be done ( reasonably )to make it more efficient or should I just unload it ?
    there are 3 watt LED bulbs by maglight if you wanna keep that Billy club. They’re definitely brighter than the incandescent bulbs of the day and it’s just a bulb change, super easy. I also have one of those (6D cell Maglights) still in the package and just couldn’t get rid of it.
    They’re about 8 bucks on Amazon

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Site admins get special pricing. I'll have my people call your people.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    there are 3 watt LED bulbs by maglight if you wanna keep that Billy club. They’re definitely brighter than the incandescent bulbs of the day and it’s just a bulb change, super easy. I also have one of those still in the package and just couldn’t get rid of it.
    They’re about 8 bucks on Amazon

I carry a,gun a knife and a d cell maglite in the car. Yes a good flashlight too.
    I remember when cops carried a model 19 and a maglight.
    I am also going to get a few of the Canadian flashlights.
    But I paid 6 something to Amazon so saved 3 large old mint flashlights for 20 bucks. I guess I just hate to toss out things that still work.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

How about a 650 lumen light the size of a AA battery and rechargeable? For $20..
    Anybody ever buy a Rovy Von? I own 3 and love them. They make EDC of a flashlight too easy. You can spend more on different models depending on what you want the body made of (from poly to titanium). It’s a strange feeling to have so much light emanating from such a small device.
    They are brighter than many pistol lights I’ve used. I’ve never had one run down while in use so I can’t attest to battery life on full power.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rovy+von&crid=2PTF02LVQI8MV&sprefix=rovy+von,aps,82&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Last edited:
    Top Bottom