Makarov .22LR conversion kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I purchased this from http://www.dunavit.com/

According to the owner, he's the patent holder for this type of kit. Customer service was cordial and prompt. I really like the design of this kit.

Installing it was not so friendly. Apparently the slide release lever and spring gets "pushed" out too far when the .22 magazine is inserted. This makes the bent end of the spring (that keeps the slide release under tension) rub against the slide. This rubbing prevents the slide from blowing back. I've already emailed the company and hope something can be worked out. If I "massage" the inside of the slide, i'm sure i could make it work. I'm just not very happy seeing as it's brand f*$king new.

Otherwise, the machining is nicely done. Nothing beautiful but then again, it's a makarov-the epitome of simple and rough.

can't wait to shoot it!

DSC01783.JPG

DSC01794.JPG

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Spoke with the owner tonight. He's a really nice guy. Offered me a refund/exchange. I declined since it's something that's fixable. He said this has only happened one time before and it was due to a slight burr on the slide release spring. I'm going to do a little bit of filing and see what happens.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Sorry it took so long to update. After putting a swiss file to my gun, everything fires great and quite accurate. It's apparently just a problem with some makarovs at random--we all know their machining isn't consistent.

Thumbs up for this kit!

Vermin: it's a russian IJ70 makarov.

Top Bottom