Making some changes in '09

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I decided to make some personal improvements in 2009. I let myself go a little bit in 2008. I didn't get fat, I actually lost a lot of weight, but I wasn't in good shape.

Tonight I did my first thing to change that. I joined Anytime Fitness and went and worked out with Spanky and Melisa. Ho-ly crap. I am gonna be dead tomorrow. We were there about 2 hrs. We started with a full body workout doing tae-bo/aerobics stuff. Then we had about a 20min break and did a spin class.

Now, I can ride a bike for hours. Literally. If I go ride, it isn't anything for me to do 40-50miles before I pack it in. That spin class was not easy at all. I've had harder workouts, but this one really put me to the test. Coupled with the fact I was already tired from the previous workout...I'm gonna be dead tomorrow.

I plan on keeping a running update going in this thread on my progress. I'm not trying to lose weight, just burn fat and gain muscle. I'm gonna start eating more better too. Go back to my no-fastfood died that I had when I was in ROTC.

I want to try and stay around 185lbs, when lean. Possibly get up to 195 with more muscle.

I had fun. AND get this people:

I was talking to a few girls there. Nothing that is going anywhere (some had boyfriends/married) but they were good looking. I figure I might as well start practicing more, so I did. I was my goofy old self, dancing while we were working out (I all of a sudden learned to dance, damn hypnotist) and was singing classic rock, which impressed the hell out of the girl next to me in the spin class.

Overall, it was fun. Me and Spanky will probably be there at least 5 times a week. Tomorrow is back and shoulders. That is the only thing that isn't hurting me right now.

I gotta start running too. I want to keep the cardio up.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Where is anytime? I've got to get the ball rolling with some kind of workout plan. I've always been a 300+lb football player, and although I haven't gained any weight, I'm not in anywhere near the shape I was once in, and especially with me shipping out in Aug, I need to get back to somewhere that resembles a shape that isn't quite so round.

2009 is a new year for me too. 2008 just plain sucked.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    We go to the Anytime on Airline Hwy near the Ascension/EBR parish line. It's on the north side of Hwy 427 in Prairieville.

Trust me, I know about shitty years. 2008 was the worst one I have ever experienced. I'm still struggling with some of the baggage left over from it, but most of it is gone now. This is one of the final things I want to do to clear myself up.

2009 WILL be a better year for me. I have no doubt about it at all. I am doing everything I can to improve me, myself, and my relationships with those around me. I have some of the best friends in the world, and they help me through anything. With them in my life, I know I can do anything I put my mind to.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I paid my $20 at work to enter the weight loss challenge at work today. I weighed in at 226. I figured it was worth my $20 to have my guys lose weight. I have never dieted and exercised before to lose weight. The next time I get a gym membership and start dieting it will be because I am single. Which may be sooner than later, the wife gave me one month to ship up or ship out tonight, I said **** it bitch make it one hour and started packing your ****. I got my dinner didnt I.

Good luck and when I use to workout and run and stuff I found hate, revenge and vagina to be the biggest motivators. Hell they are my biggest motivators for all things in life.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    We go to the Anytime on Airline Hwy near the Ascension/EBR parish line. It's on the north side of Hwy 427 in Prairieville.

Trust me, I know about shitty years. 2008 was the worst one I have ever experienced. I'm still struggling with some of the baggage left over from it, but most of it is gone now. This is one of the final things I want to do to clear myself up.

2009 WILL be a better year for me. I have no doubt about it at all. I am doing everything I can to improve me, myself, and my relationships with those around me. I have some of the best friends in the world, and they help me through anything. With them in my life, I know I can do anything I put my mind to.

2008 was probably the worst year of my life, we've probably experienced a very similar situation. I'm through living in the past.

I may have to look in to joining. How much is it? I'm around LSU so, it may be a little far for me, but I won't mind the drive for good company and scenery.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    2008 was probably the worst year of my life, we've probably experienced a very similar situation. I'm through living in the past.

I may have to look in to joining. How much is it? I'm around LSU so, it may be a little far for me, but I won't mind the drive for good company and scenery.

I signed up with a 2 year contract. If I don't do things big, I won't do them at all. It is costing me like $43 a month, with the first month free.

Main reason I am going there is because I need someone to ride my ass about going. And Spanky been saying he wanted someone to go with him. Now we can keep each other motivated and help each other reach our goals.

Now I need to set some actual goals for myself.

Oh yeah, just a word of advice. 5lb dumb bells weigh a LOT. They had chicks in there using them that were kicking my ass with the workout we were doing. I'm a pretty fit guy. I'm not round, not bowed up. I keep myself up well enough, and look fairly good. They had skinny lil girls that looked like they were about 5'6 and weighed a $1.20 soaking wet doing all this crap without stopping. I was amazed.

Don't underestimate them. I was pleasantly surprised at how much stamina those girls had. Now I need to plot other ways to get them to use it...:mamoru:

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish

I don't want you to think you need to share your story of 2008 because I am mine. I don't live in the past, but it is part of who I am and makes me a better person because of it. Here is my story:

Got engaged in the middle of '07 to a co-worker of mine (we both dated BEFORE we both got hired). Had the entire wedding planned for the most part. In Feb. she decides she wants to leave me. Three days later she is sleeping with a coworker of mine. A friend of mine.

She took my dog. I miss that dog still. She gave him back to the breeder too!

I lost 2 of the most important people in my life because of it.

I got in 3 wrecks at work. Cost me almost $700 total.

I moved 4 times in 10 months.

My parents filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage.

Several family members died.

Many of my friends went through health crises with their families (and while those don't affect me directly, it did because I do ANYTHING for my friends).

I also had several instances where I almost shot someone. It's part of my job, but it is still a surreal feeling to me.

I had to work several fatalities involving people that were my age. A murder, a natural death, a DWI crash (single vehicle, single occupant) and a drug OD. Those stick with me.

2009 is going to be a great year for me. I don't care what I have to do, but it will be. I have amazing friends. I know who I can count on in my life. I have a strong relationship with my Dad. I have a strong relationship with God. I make enough money to pay my bills and do what I want. I have my health, a house, and food.

Now I'm making slight changes to just improve myself mentally and physically. I'm gonna try and go back to school this year too. Hopefully that pans out for me.

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    I'm glad you enjoyed the class! I am with you...since our cruise I have gained 28lbs...what person wants to train with a personal trainer that's a fat *** anyway. We will be going 5-7 days a week! And eating much better, tomorrow I will email you the diet we are on, we started this Saturday.

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    I don't want you to think you need to share your story of 2008 because I am mine. I don't live in the past, but it is part of who I am and makes me a better person because of it. Here is my story:

Got engaged in the middle of '07 to a co-worker of mine (we both dated BEFORE we both got hired). Had the entire wedding planned for the most part. In Feb. she decides she wants to leave me. Three days later she is sleeping with a coworker of mine. A friend of mine.

Many of my friends went through health crises with their families (and while those don't affect me directly, it did because I do ANYTHING for my friends).

I also had several instances where I almost shot someone. It's part of my job, but it is still a surreal feeling to me.

I had to work several fatalities involving people that were my age. A murder, a natural death, a DWI crash (single vehicle, single occupant) and a drug OD. Those stick with me.

2009 is going to be a great year for me. I don't care what I have to do, but it will be. I have amazing friends. I know who I can count on in my life. I have a strong relationship with my Dad. I have a strong relationship with God. I make enough money to pay my bills and do what I want. I have my health, a house, and food.

Now I'm making slight changes to just improve myself mentally and physically. I'm gonna try and go back to school this year too. Hopefully that pans out for me.

OMG, I am so hooking you up!!! I will spread the word at the gym tomorrow!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Good for you!
    I actually started to use the gym I put upstairs. I have an eliptical machine, a huge weight bench with lat tower and a set of those Bowflex selectable dumbells. Still want to get a good treadmill and a recumbent bike. I designed a room to make a gym when we built, but the only time it saw action was when I walked through it on my way to my office!:( Now I get up a 0500 every morning, turn on the news and work out for :45 - :60. I was a sore mofo for the first week, but now I'm feeling better. We're going on a cruise next month, I wish I had started 6 months ago.:hs:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Change is good, change we can believe in:D Stick with it and you will so results, it will help mentally also. I have lost 40lbs since may doing crossfit, i have got a little laxed lately but I'm starting back. good luck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    Congrats on a change, the hardest thing to do though is to keep up with it. Good luck! I need to start getting in shape too. I am not overweight or anything, but I am definitely not in as good of shape as I used to be. I run out of breath pretty fast compared to how I used to be. I need to work on my cardio.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA

Wow dude, I'm sorry. I feel some of your pain. I walked in on my fiance (girlfriend of 6yrs) sleeping with my best friend of 20yrs. I think about it everyday, but I can't let it run my life. On top of that, two very good friends of mine and two cousins were killed by a drunk driver this past June. Just remember the fall isn't what defines you, it's how you get back up.

I may be looking into a membership over there. I need someone to be there next to me and give that push.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Spanky I thought you went to the one by Sno's? I had a membership at pville last year but let it lapse... Depending on ya'als schedule I may try to work it in. Charles and I are on exact opposite work schedules which is a PITA for planning ****.

I can sign up at one in BR through work and go to Pville, just gotta scan in at BR every so often

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom