Mantis Blackbeard AR Dry Fire

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I want a BlackbeardX, I have a MantisX (MantisX + Blackbeard = BlackbeardX) and never use it because it's just inconvenient. I am 100% sure that I'd use a BlackbeardX or Blackbeard.

Curious of the feedback myself.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the tag @WhereIsIt?

I'm a Mantis dealer. I've got the regular Blackbeard at the shop, but can order the BlackbeardX in if you want one, takes about a week to get to me usually. The Marines and Army use the Blackbeard for training, which is a pretty good vote of confidence.

I haven't personally spent time behind the Blackbeard yet since I don't do much rifle shooting, but I've used the X10 pistol system myself quite a bit, and it's way cool. Paired with a laser cartridge (have those too) it's one hell of a data-rich dryfire system. The analytics from the little motion sensor (technically an accelerometer and gyroscope) are wild -- it's extremely sensitive.

I didn't find the holster draw analysis all that useful on the X10, at least any more than filming yourself in slow motion and watching it back. But that's a nothing related to the rifle version of course. The recoil analysis feature is embarrassingly humbling... I thought I was getting pretty good at tracking my dot and calling shots, and this robot mf laughed in my face and showed me how bad I sucked (in a helpful way).

The drills are really cool and make it almost like a video game, trying to beat yourself on each level. I also found the target transitions really interesting and helpful as well.

You can get the Blackbeard (resetting trigger w/ laser) or BlackbeardX (adds bluetooth and motion sensor) with either a red or green laser. The red laser versions are a bit cheaper. As always, I can do a little better than the normal retail price for a Bayou Buddy if you want to order one from me.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks for the tag @WhereIsIt?

I'm a Mantis dealer. I've got the regular Blackbeard at the shop, but can order the BlackbeardX in if you want one, takes about a week to get to me usually. The Marines and Army use the Blackbeard for training, which is a pretty good vote of confidence.

I haven't personally spent time behind the Blackbeard yet since I don't do much rifle shooting, but I've used the X10 pistol system myself quite a bit, and it's way cool. Paired with a laser cartridge (have those too) it's one hell of a data-rich dryfire system. The analytics from the little motion sensor (technically an accelerometer and gyroscope) are wild -- it's extremely sensitive.

I didn't find the holster draw analysis all that useful on the X10, at least any more than filming yourself in slow motion and watching it back. But that's a nothing related to the rifle version of course. The recoil analysis feature is embarrassingly humbling... I thought I was getting pretty good at tracking my dot and calling shots, and this robot mf laughed in my face and showed me how bad I sucked (in a helpful way).

The drills are really cool and make it almost like a video game, trying to beat yourself on each level. I also found the target transitions really interesting and helpful as well.

You can get the Blackbeard (resetting trigger w/ laser) or BlackbeardX (adds bluetooth and motion sensor) with either a red or green laser. The red laser versions are a bit cheaper. As always, I can do a little better than the normal retail price for a Bayou Buddy if you want to order one from me.
    Thank you for your time and response. I greatly appreciate honest feedback from someone on the forum with one. I am still on the fence, if I do decide on getting one, you will be who I go to.

Top Bottom