MAS 36: worst trigger in history re-visited.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Houma La
    Hate the 10-12lb clunky trigger on your MAS 36? I have found a fix. I replaced the sear spring with an X 74 thin wire spring and cut the firing pin spring to 4". I'm sorry for not taking pics but disassembly and assembly are available on utube. I left the hammer spring, as is, because it doubles as the ejector spring. I had placed a weaker spring in it but ejection was a little iffy. It effected the trigger pull about 1/2lb less.
    I test fired 15 PPU 7.5 rounds and all fired. I am estimating a 4lb trigger pull, now. There is still room for improvement but some grinding of the sear will need to be done. Maybe later. Difference between a foggy night and a sunny day. Bolt is simple to disassemble. Push with palm of hand turn clockwise. Reverse to assemble.

Attachments

• mas sear.jpg
      mas sear.jpg
      90 KB · Views: 182
    • mas eject.jpg
      mas eject.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 159
    Last edited:

oneshy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Houma La
    Thanks 323Mar. Couldn't find any help online or utube so I kind of made it up as I went along watching an operation demo. Very simple mechanism. Next project is the horrible sights. Thinking about grinding down the fat front sight. Still working on the Kentucky windage since the sights are fixed. I did improve my group with the trigger. I got 3 for 3 around 1" lower right @ 100yd. The rest were searching for the bull. This was with the weak trigger spring. I wish I had a gauge. I love the trigger, now.

Attachments

• mas target.jpg
      mas target.jpg
      91.3 KB · Views: 157
    Last edited:

oneshy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Houma La
    On a caldwell rest with no butt rest. My 70yr old eyes see a blurry sight. I've been playing with different pairs of glasses to help improve. That sight is so fat that from edge to edge might be a difference of 2in. on the target. It also seems to be shooting low right so I have to aim high left off the bull.
    I caught a wild hair with my coffee this morning and ground the sear. I now have a frankencomp trigger. comparable to my best C&R's. The water jug test says about 2.5-3lb.
    My spanner bit should be here in a couple of days to take down the front sight. Thankfully, I have some ammo for testing.

Attachments

• mas trig.jpg
      mas trig.jpg
      126.9 KB · Views: 167
    • mas wheel.jpg
      mas wheel.jpg
      75 KB · Views: 175
    • mas sear 1.jpg
      mas sear 1.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 166
    • sear 2.jpg
      sear 2.jpg