Maximum effective use of resources avalable:

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I was talking to another dude the other day, and he was talking to me about buying a revolver and a lever action.

He is someone on a fixed budget, and is WELL aware of the likelyhood of an upcomming restriction on EBR's and Standard Capacity mags.

I just want to remind everyone that while we may want a cool toy... it may be better for us to stock up on what may be hard/more expensive/impossible to get in the near future, and put off items unlikely to be restricted.

I pointed out that you could even SELL some of the items and likely make enough of a profit to buy the 'toys' you want.

I myself am going to be selling off some .38's, a 45 and an Eotech to finance MORE EBR's...

I susgest we consider this in our decision making...

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I was already to jump into reloading and buy what is needed for it. Now that is on the back burner as I try to buy some items I see becoming permanently banned so that I can slways pass them off to my son. I think reloading will always be legal/ however the powder ma ystart coming with a shelf life.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That is a good point. I might sell my Remington 700 ADL in .30-06 with a Tasco 3x9. I don't plan on deer hunting anytime soon (don't have anywhere to :wtc:), and I can always buy one later. Know anyone that wants one?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    On Christmas of '05 my brother gave me a Yugoslavian SKS - the first military surplus rifle I ever owned. I had a great time with it, and while trying to read about it I discovered the "parts kits" all over gunbroker, and that led me into building AK's from receiver flats and blanks. Originally in the hysteria of the moment I was in pursuit of an inexpensive unpapered "hurricane gun", but I've since gotten to enjoy the rifles for their own sake.

This impending ban got under my skin last year around September, and I started buying up parts kits like they were going out of style, because I was afraid they were. Turns out I may have been correct, Lately realizing I have more AK parts kits than I can reasonably build and own I started buying up ammunition. The 5.45mm round is rapidly disappearing though it can be had very cheaply at the moment. I'm reminded though of 8mm and what happened to it. It was everywhere and cheap - then it was completely gone forever. 7.62x54mm is going away right now. It's only a question of time before Century runs out of 5.45mm and we will have to make do with what we can buy domestically - and that won't be cheap.

Balancing guns and ammo purchases is difficult, and we're all on limited budgets no matter how rich we may be. It's important though, to remember that those guns aren't much good without ammo.

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    Whats up my Rifle ltns.
    The last year i picked guns buy the ammo 22/9MM/38-357/44mag-44 spec and so on i have at least 2 guns to shoot each round now i need more ammo :)
    Keith

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Actually, I was only gonna ask $400 for my 30-06 Synthetic ADL with 3x9 scope and book. It's only had one box run through it, and cleaned ever few months in storage. That seems to be what they go for used on gunbroker. However, since its an '06 it has the long action. But if you want it for $400, it's yours...

Top Bottom