Meanwhile at the Legislature

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Constitutional Carry Bill HB 37 is moved favorably in House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee 10-3

You can guess who voted against it!

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I just wonder if anyone has learned anything on how to vote come November
    The Dems never learn. When you live off the Government you do not care about inflation, high gas price, and high groceries. You are immune to it. You can bet every race will be close when it should not be. All the Dems will get right around 50 percent of the vote.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Looks like the Senate has relegated Mccormick’s bill to Judiciary committee and are voting to pass their own version of Permitless Carry today (SB143 - Morris). I like Mccormick’s bill better but if the Senate passes Morris’ version they will have to come together anyway before sending to the gubnah.

Todays docket in the Senate:

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Looks like the Senate has relegated Mccormick’s bill to Judiciary committee and are voting to pass their own version of Permitless Carry today (SB143 - Morris). I like Mccormick’s bill better but if the Senate passes Morris’ version they will have to come together anyway before sending to the gubnah.

Todays docket in the Senate:
    I like the house bill also. Hey, if the senate needs their own bill to feel better, I'm good with it. I just hope they can get it passed. It's a good law that is long overdue.

1) If you can pass a background check to own a firearm, you qualify.
    2) If you've had a permit in the past but for reasons of your own no longer have one, you qualify.
    3) If you own a business and don't have a criminal record preventing you from owning a firearm, you qualify.
    4) If you are 21 years old and don't have a criminal record preventing you from legally owning a firearm, you qualify.
    5) If you are a resident of Louisiana, are 21 years old, don't have a criminal record preventing you from owning a firearm, you qualify.

How hard is that?

Pass the damn law so good citizens that don't want to pack a weapon daily can legally do so when they feel it is necessary!

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I think most state legislation only covers residents of the state. I really am not sure if the law can or should apply to someone from another state. I would think that would have to be a federal bill.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I like the house bill also. Hey, if the senate needs their own bill to feel better, I'm good with it. I just hope they can get it passed. It's a good law that is long overdue.

1) If you can pass a background check to own a firearm, you qualify.
    2) If you've had a permit in the past but for reasons of your own no longer have one, you qualify.
    3) If you own a business and don't have a criminal record preventing you from owning a firearm, you qualify.
    4) If you are 21 years old and don't have a criminal record preventing you from legally owning a firearm, you qualify.
    5) If you are a resident of Louisiana, are 21 years old, don't have a criminal record preventing you from owning a firearm, you qualify.

How hard is that?

Pass the damn law so good citizens that don't want to pack a weapon daily can legally do so when they feel it is necessary!
    Seems to me that at least 3 of these requirements are redundant and pointless.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I think most state legislation only covers residents of the state. I really am not sure if the law can or should apply to someone from another state. I would think that would have to be a federal bill.
    Huh? State law applies to all that are in the state regardless of residency unless specifically called out by law. For example, One can carry a firearm without a permit in MS (they have Constitutional carry) even if a LA resident w/o a LA carry permit.

When in MS, MS laws apply. When in LA, LA laws apply.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Age of Adulthood in this country needs to be raised to about 30 these days.
    LOL. Maybe. I am all about a SINGLE age of adulthood. I can not stand for an 18-yr old to go and sit behind a 50-cal in a foreign country and come home and not be trusted or “allowed” to own or carry a 9mm firearm for self protection or be able to enjoy a cold beer after a hard days work. Ridiculous.

If that age is 18 or 21 or 30 or 35, I am ok. Make an age of adulthood and be consistent.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Huh? State law applies to all that are in the state regardless of residency unless specifically called out by law. For example, One can carry a firearm without a permit in MS (they have Constitutional carry) even if a LA resident w/o a LA carry permit.

When in MS, MS laws apply. When in LA, LA laws apply.
    I don't take anything for granted. I'm not a lawyer.

Thanks for the answer.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Wait?????

18 year old's don't have the right to self defense?
    Yeah, especially since there's nothing preventing an 18 year old from open carrying, what is the point of making the requirement 21 for concealed. They're so ignorant, most of them post turtles with no clue.

Top Bottom