Mexican Vigilantes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    For the umpteenth time I've come across a news story about the Mexican vigilantes. After scanning the images and noticing the ARs, AKs and assorted firearms it sparked a thought. Knowing how difficult it is to legally own firearms in Mexico where did they come from? Wouldn't it be comical if the Fast and Furious program help supply some of these. We would never hear about that. Imagine Eric Holder bragging about that!

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I feel like this thread has the potential to spiral into 'that place'. Play nice guys.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    My thoughts were not about hating the ATF or Eric Holder. FWIW I do not respect the man. Most of you do not know me. Those that do know me know that I am not a hater. I sincerely wondered about the ownership of firearms in Mexico. I imagine most of the the firearm ownership is ex military or police. Of course graft is rampant and that may play a part in this. The irony of a Fast and Furious firearm ending up in the good guys hand made me chuckle.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    My thoughts were not about hating the ATF or Eric Holder. FWIW I do not respect the man. Most of you do not know me. Those that do know me know that I am not a hater. I sincerely wondered about the ownership of firearms in Mexico. I imagine most of the the firearm ownership is ex military or police. Of course graft is rampant and that may play a part in this. The irony of a Fast and Furious firearm ending up in the good guys hand made me chuckle.

I hope their movement catches fire- and that the people behind it have the best interests of the people in mind.

The cartels are indeed powerful & vicious entities- but the people who make them up are mortal men susceptible to the same types of violence they are known to dish out. I hope it happens...

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I understood that the vigilantes were paid for by one cartel trying to remove those criminals loyal to another cartel. So if that is true the net effect would be zero.

Dave

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I understood that the vigilantes were paid for by one cartel trying to remove those criminals loyal to another cartel. So if that is true the net effect would be zero.

Dave

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that would be a concern. Mexico is a dumpster fire. :doh:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I know 20 men ages 30-60 that live between Mexico City and Guadalajara. These men are working, farmers and truck drivers, that live in rural areas.
    Of those 20; 2 have never handled a firearm, 12 say a relative has a firearm, and 6 tell me they have a firearm in their home. 2 of the 6 are very familiar with an AK and AR platform, but most everyone is referring to a .22 rifle or crack barrel rifle, with the occasional mention of a revolver.
    It would be very hard for me to believe any newly acquired weapons would have made it into the hands of the revolutionaries.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I know 20 men ages 30-60 that live between Mexico City and Guadalajara. These men are working, farmers and truck drivers, that live in rural areas.
    Of those 20; 2 have never handled a firearm, 12 say a relative has a firearm, and 6 tell me they have a firearm in their home. 2 of the 6 are very familiar with an AK and AR platform, but most everyone is referring to a .22 rifle or crack barrel rifle, with the occasional mention of a revolver.
    It would be very hard for me to believe any newly acquired weapons would have made it into the hands of the revolutionaries.

Thanks 3fifty7. Thats the kind of information that helps fill the voids in my mind. And yes my mind does look like big eye swiss cheese;)

Top Bottom