mission craze?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Anyone here have any experience with the Mission Craze, by Mathews? After buying my rifle to start hunting, I learned rifle is barely open at the public places, so I decided to get a bow. After doing a little research, I've seen a few good reviews on the Mission Craze, especially since it adjusts from 15 lb to 70 lb. I've never shot a bow before, so all I know is what I've read. I see it's smaller than other (I believe 28" axle to axle), is this a problem? I plan on going to Thistlethwaite mostly, so I'm sure a small bow would be easier walking through the Palmettos, just not sure of any disadvantages. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Anyone here have any experience with the Mission Craze, by Mathews? After buying my rifle to start hunting, I learned rifle is barely open at the public places, so I decided to get a bow. After doing a little research, I've seen a few good reviews on the Mission Craze, especially since it adjusts from 15 lb to 70 lb. I've never shot a bow before, so all I know is what I've read. I see it's smaller than other (I believe 28" axle to axle), is this a problem? I plan on going to Thistlethwaite mostly, so I'm sure a small bow would be easier walking through the Palmettos, just not sure of any disadvantages. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

I bought my son a Mission Craze for his 12th Bday and he has been shooting for nearly two years with no problems. I need to take it back in the bow show soon thought and get them to lengthen the draw length due to him hitting a growth spurt but the bow has been a good one. He can shoot it pretty well. Its light enough for him to carry with no problems.

I know some people have a problem shooting smaller bows accurately but its hard for me to tell with him. Since he was young/is young sometimes his groups are not as tight as I'd like but I mostly think that is him just being young and a fairly new bow shooter. He is just now really starting to up his practice time and he got him a climbing stand that he has been practicing from along with a range finder with ARC so this summer he will be getting much better I think. I also plan to get myself a bow and start shooting with him and maybe us taking a try at bow hunting next season.

I also noticed that since I got him a fake deer target to shoot at he shoots much better. He can hit kill zone better than little dots on a target.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Thanks for the response. Would you see a reason it wouldn't be a good bow for an adult? I plan on hunting from a tree stand once I'm proficient with it. Seems like a good value from the reviews.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Look at the Diamond Infinite Edge. I let my kids shoot everything and the Diamond was the clear winner. It is adjustable from 5-70 lbs and 13-30 ft lbs. Accurate, fun, reliable. The sights and arrow rest aren't top shelf but the bow is good to go.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Thanks for the response. Would you see a reason it wouldn't be a good bow for an adult? I plan on hunting from a tree stand once I'm proficient with it. Seems like a good value from the reviews.

I don't see a reason that it would not be a good bow for an adult. That said....I don't know enough about bows to say if one is better or worse than another. When I get my bow soon I think I am going with the Mathews Creed or No Cam.

Bayouhunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Opelousas
    Mission is gtg. I have the Maniac (step up from the craze) killed a deer yesterday evening in Thistlewaite with it as a matter of fact.

I've shot a few different missions Bowtechs and Matthews and have had mine a little over 3 years. think they are great for price. You are only getting a little more speed, smoothness and a few other minor improvements out of a more expensive bow in my limited experience. Although I will be stepping up to a mainline Mathews this spring/summer

Go to St Landry Lumber/Austin Outdoors in Opelousas and talk to Mike. Great guy He'll steer you in the right direction and won't try and sell you a bunch of overpriced crap you don't need

Last edited:

Bayouhunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Opelousas
    NP. I'll just give you the best advice I got when I first started bowhunting..."Don't give up until you kill your first one no matter how discouraged you get. Once you make that first bow kill, you'll be hooked and won't even want to pick up that rifle." It couldn't be any more true. I've just about gotten to the point where I'll use my bow during most of the season, gun days or not.

I've killed a lot of deer with a rifle/muzzleloader, but there is nothing more satisfying than with a bow. It's a whole different ballgame

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    That's SO true. I never get bored with bowhunting no matter how much I may get discouraged. So much to learn about how to get up close and personal with your quarry and staying in touch with the sights and smells of the hunt. When it does all come together, if you aren't shaking like a little girl there's just something wrong with you! Totally different sport than rifle hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom