Mississippi CCW, 4 months?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    I live in MS, but am an honorary coonass :D, just applied for my MS permit and I have read here and other places that it takes 4 months to get, what could it be that MS does that takes so much longer than almost any other "shall issue" state? Ideas, discussion?

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe it's because Mississippi doesn't require any type of training to get a permit - so they want to wait as long as possible to issue permits to yahoos who have no business carrying.

:D Just kidding. Sorta.

Last edited:

chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    Dawg: I seriously wondered if they put that into the CCW law as a "waiting period" before allowing carry...

LC: rampant inefficency and apathy, in the Mississippi Government?! NEVER! It was actually efficient, almost pleasant, applying for the permit at the Hattiesburg Highway patrol office, they were very quick about doing the fingerprints and pictures etc. I think that the law gives them 120 days, so thats what they take. Could it be time for a little political activism with my representatives in Jackson to get them to shrink the time frame allowed?

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    I've been living in MS since the summer of '05 (by way of LA), and I waited 120 days (they wait exactly 120 days to mail it). I guess waiting didn't bother me since I didn't have to attend/pay for a class. Also, the MS permit is a valid NICS check. Is the LA permit?

Top Bottom