Mississippians: Support HB 1082!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    Everyone in Mississippi:

My state representative, Mark Formby (R-108), has introduced a bill removing churches and places of worship from the list of places it is against the law to carry a LEGALLY concealed weapon (with a permit).

It is House Bill 1082 (HB 1082) and you can find the text and info at http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2008/pdf/history/HB/HB1082.xml.

It has been referred to the Judiciary B committee yesterday, so if your state representative is on that committee, it is especially important that you contact them and not only get them to vote to pass it out of committee, but get them to support it and get their help with the other committee members.

Will update more later, but wanted to get this posted ASAP.

Contact me with ANY questions.

[Expected] Frequently asked questions:

Q: What if my place of worship doesn't want to allow guns to be carried?
    A: This bill will not require any place of worship to allow guns on the premises. All it will remove is the state's involvement in the matter, similar to all other private places, where a property owner can ban guns on the premises by posting a sign that complies with the statutory requirements.

Q: Why would anyone need a gun in church?
    A: As we have seen recently in the news, any kind of large gathering of people (churches, malls, etc) can be a target for those intent on causing harm to innocent people. This bill will simply allow the option of effective self defense against such a person or group intending to cause harm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom