More bad news! Shell is shutting down a producing oil field!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Now we won't be able to depend on foreign oil!!!

What to do? What do we do???

I say we all get together and live in a cave, primitive style...
    http://allafrica.com/stories/201004150451.html

Nigeria: Shell Shuts Down Offshore Oil Field

Lagos — Nigeria's already unstable oil production might be affected by news that Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) has shut down the SPDC Joint Venture-operated East Area (EA) oilfield offshore in the Niger Delta as a precaution to enable repairs on equipments.

The equipments under repair, THISDAY learnt, relates to the floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit of the EA oilfield.

The shudown of the 115,000 barrels per day capacity oilfield located in Ekeremor Local Government Area (LGA) of Bayelsa State, is coming barely eight months that crude oil production resumed at the oil field after three years of closure due to militant attacks.

Shell's Spokesman Mr. Precious Okolobo who confirmed this development in a statement yesterday however stated that only 100,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day has been deferred due to the closure.

Here is the link

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    It ain't gonna be the high gas prices that are coming that will hurt us, it's gonna be fuel shortages That will put people on their feet. There won't be any gas.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I can't believe Shell would do this! This will certainly mean T.E.O.T.W.A.W.K.I. for those of us within 50 miles of the southeastern Louisiana coastal marshes just east of Terrebonne Bay but not quite to the mouth of the river between the hours of 8am and 4pm CST. It's a conspiracy in retaliation with the doorknob manufactures I tell ya!!

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That whole situation in Nigeria is bad and has been bad for a long time. The rebels over there keep attacking the Shell installations, damaging the oil pipelines, and kidnapping Shell employees. I assume it happens to the other oil companies working over there as well. The amount of oil spilled and wasted over there is staggering. The rebels purposely blow holes in the pipelines and when workers come out to repair the holes and clean up the damages they get shot at and kidnapped. An engineer I worked with went over there to work about a year ago. He lives on a compound and is accompanied by armed security when he has to leave the compound.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gWJz3LJ_YYoLGT1QPdapzo0wvpDQD9GOLHT06

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7947997.stm

Top Bottom