More Murder in NOLA.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Shoot half a dozen people on Christmas day. If those gunmen are caught, it's going to be a severe slap on the wrists. Probably even leave a red mark.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Speculation here, but I'd be willing to bet that the shooter knew the victims and that there is more to the story. Maybe a drug deal gone bad?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Speculation here, but I'd be willing to bet that the shooter knew the victims and that there is more to the story. Maybe a drug deal gone bad?
    You're assuming the victims were the shooter's intended target. Often these thugs never hit their targets and just kill innocent bystanders.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You're assuming the victims were the shooter's intended target. Often these thugs never hit their targets and just kill innocent bystanders.
    Yup, that's my assumption.

From what the article said, it sounds like someone broke into a house and shot the people at the party.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    NOLA is a sh*t hole with violence they will never stop BC it's a cultural failure, a specific group of people doing 99.5% of the violent crime, shootings, and the daily murders in Orleans Parish. The people in control of NOLA gov refuse to recognize it or accept it for what it is, so you cannot begin to actually repair it or make it better. LE is reactionary in their response. The queen just picked the interim NOPD chief for a couple reasons, and none are BC of her real qualifications or skills. A black female, Sleepy Joe would hardily approve. You want to see the long term future of NOLA, look at Detroit, Memphis, Baltimore, St Louis, DC, et cetera.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    NOLA is a sh*t hole with violence they will never stop BC it's a cultural failure, a specific group of people doing 99.5% of the violent crime, shootings, and the daily murders in Orleans Parish. The people in control of NOLA gov refuse to recognize it or accept it for what it is, so you cannot begin to actually repair it or make it better. LE is reactionary in their response. The queen just picked the interim NOPD chief for a couple reasons, and none are BC of her real qualifications or skills. A black female, Sleepy Joe would hardily approve. You want to see the long term future of NOLA, look at Detroit, Memphis, Baltimore, St Louis, DC, et cetera.
    Correction, Louisiana is a **** hole with violence they will never stop. The guys who live in one part of Louisiana and make fun of or talk smack about another part crack me up man lmao. News flash, this entire state is a run down **** hole…

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Correction, Louisiana is a **** hole with violence they will never stop. The guys who live in one part of Louisiana and make fun of or talk smack about another part crack me up man lmao. News flash, this entire state is a run down **** hole…
    Maybe you need to get out more..
    So what you're saying is Harvey is a sh++hole too...

I've been around quite a bit of the state and there's plenty of clean quiet and beautiful areas

Where I live on the N..Shore is nice and quiet

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Just not true. Maybe if you live in Harvey (the west bank) everything looks like a sh*thole, but the north shore is def a step up. Last shooting/murder in Covington/Mandeville was maybe a couple years ago. We have more natives in the Hammond area and they like to shoot their guns lately, gun play in the wee hours on the weekends. They moved here from NOLA I am told by the old timers in Hammond, after Katrina. Still WAY WAY safer than the West bank or NOLA. Covington/Mandeville has maybe 20% bleck pop, really nice community other than the traffic, but it moves and they are making improvements constantly. Loranger and Folsom are nice too. I almost purchased a house in Folsom 7.5 years ago. Also don't see all the trash at the Mandeville lakefront like the NO lakefront. I got pics after a holiday weekend there, puckin savages. Mandeville lakefront area super nice, and quiet and clean.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I lived in Algiers on Cupid St like 55 years ago, when I was age 9 we moved. I would not live on the west bank today if you gave me a nice house for free, period. Ditto NOLA. Just isn't happening!

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Because NOPD is so well trained and great at what they do.... ....

I agree with you 100% on everything you've said John. My mother lives in Marrero and wants to give/bequeath me her house when she is gone. I told her up front that, that was fine, with the acceptance that it will be put up for sale as soon as it's legally mine. I refuse to live in the NOLA metro area.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I agree with you 100% on everything you've said John. My mother lives in Marrero and wants to give/bequeath me her house when she is gone. I told her up front that, that was fine, with the acceptance that it will be put up for sale as soon as it's legally mine. I refuse to live in the NOLA metro area.
    I understand your mother's position. She prob lived at that house for 30+ years, raised her children there, and has so many good memories there. But times have changed, and the people have changed. I respect her.

They just said on the fox 8 news the NOPD arrested the shooter in the french quarter murder yesterday at 2:00PM, bourbon and Toulouse streets. He is age 15, and he will be back on the streets in < 3 years if found guilty. The queen of NOLA will prob make a court appearance on his behalf. "He is such a wonderful boy, just needs some direction." LMAO

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

You need to get out more, most of Louisiana is not like NOLA.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Just not true. Maybe if you live in Harvey (the west bank) everything looks like a sh*thole, but the north shore is def a step up. Last shooting/murder in Covington/Mandeville was maybe a couple years ago. We have more natives in the Hammond area and they like to shoot their guns lately, gun play in the wee hours on the weekends. They moved here from NOLA I am told by the old timers in Hammond, after Katrina. Still WAY WAY safer than the West bank or NOLA. Covington/Mandeville has maybe 20% bleck pop, really nice community other than the traffic, but it moves and they are making improvements constantly. Loranger and Folsom are nice too. I almost purchased a house in Folsom 7.5 years ago. Also don't see all the trash at the Mandeville lakefront like the NO lakefront. I got pics after a holiday weekend there, puckin savages. Mandeville lakefront area super nice, and quiet and clean.
    There was a double homicide in covington this month. Then there was the mother/daughter murder/suicide and the husband slitting his wife's throat in mandeville last month. Then there was the Jack Strain deal.

New Orleans is a **** hole.. I never cared for it. The pictures you posted are proof why. I've lived in Metairie and now have been in Gretna for 16 years... Our parks don't look like that and life's pretty good here. JP and Gretna PD don't mess around.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom