More Murder in NOLA.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @WhereIsIt? You are right, I already forgot about the priest and co-worker/friend murdered, and he burned their bodies. Moral of the story: you cannot escape the violence in south LA I guess. Seems to be spreading every month. They had a shooting a block from the Strawberry Fest in Ponchy this past spring. I never would have guessed that would of happened at a Strawberry Fest. They don't care where or when.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    There's crazy people everywhere.
    The county that those college students in Idaho were murdered didn't have any murders listed from 2016 to the present. That's the whole county.
    You would have to say it's one of the safest areas in the country to live and yet some crazy pops up and does this

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    There's crazy people everywhere.
    You guys should read the book on BTK. Dennis Rader, a real monster. You might find it at your local library. Dude was the sickest psycho/predator with absolutely zero empathy for other human beings. I could tell you a part of it but I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who might read it. His first "job", he murdered a family of four. He lays out every sordid detail too, took great pleasure in doing so to the book author. Here is the one I read, as there is more than one book out about Rader.
    Won't let me post a link to amazon. Here is the book title → Confession of a Serial Killer: The Untold Story of Dennis Rader, the BTK Killer. by Katherine Ramsland PhD

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    That River & 17th St Canal are so good at preventing crime. And it starts with the politicians.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    There was a double homicide in covington this month. Then there was the mother/daughter murder/suicide and the husband slitting his wife's throat in mandeville last month. Then there was the Jack Strain deal.

New Orleans is a **** hole.. I never cared for it. The pictures you posted are proof why. I've lived in Metairie and now have been in Gretna for 16 years... Our parks don't look like that and life's pretty good here. JP and Gretna PD don't mess around.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.
    Gretna is the Bomb! I have had to call the police 3 times. All 3 times arrived in under 2 minutes, 1 was about 30 seconds.

That trash at the lakefront is a culture thing you see it with a certain class of people. Not necessarily black or white. Some people just don’t care, they place no value on anything.

Crime is everywhere, it will only get worse. The liberal mindset, just adds more grease to the rails.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Gretna is the Bomb! I have had to call the police 3 times. All 3 times arrived in under 2 minutes, 1 was about 30 seconds.

That trash at the lakefront is a culture thing you see it with a certain class of people. Not necessarily black or white. Some people just don’t care, they place no value on anything.

Crime is everywhere, it will only get worse. The liberal mindset, just adds more grease to the rails.
    If you have ever been to a training class or a range where Gretna cops were actually shooting, you wouldn't be so impressed. Meets POST standards from what I saw but not much more. I've been better groupings from .410 birdshot at 50yds+ lol.

Let the thrashing begin.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Maybe you need to get out more..
    So what you're saying is Harvey is a sh++hole too...

I've been around quite a bit of the state and there's plenty of clean quiet and beautiful areas

Where I live on the N..Shore is nice and quiet
    I actually no longer live in Harvey but from the south shore to the north shore the entire state is a dump compared to other places I’ve been. I’ve lived In Louisiana my entire life and have been fortunate to travel the unite states from coast to coast as well as visit several different countries. Maybe you should get out more….

I’m not denying Louisiana doesn’t have natural beauty and nice places to live. If it didn’t I wouldn’t still be sticking around and wouldn’t have came back after residing in the Pacific Northwest for 4 years while in the military.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    @WhereIsIt? You are right, I already forgot about the priest and co-worker/friend murdered, and he burned their bodies. Moral of the story: you cannot escape the violence in south LA I guess. Seems to be spreading every month. They had a shooting a block from the Strawberry Fest in Ponchy this past spring. I never would have guessed that would of happened at a Strawberry Fest. They don't care where or when.
    That’s all I was really getting at with my original comments. You can’t really escape it regardless of where you live down here and if you can it’s happening near by. It’s like watching the next door neighbors house burn down through your bedroom window thinking your house is fine and no chance of the fire spreading your way.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If you have ever been to a training class or a range where Gretna cops were actually shooting, you wouldn't be so impressed. Meets POST standards from what I saw but not much more. I've been better groupings from .410 birdshot at 50yds+ lol.

Let the thrashing begin.
    I personally know, and have shot with several Gretna Police Officers. All fine shots.

I'm reminded of the criminal who was trying to run down Gretna Cops under the Expressway.
    One shot of .45 ACP, thru a moving windshield changed the bad guys mind, . . . to the back seat.

Not sure how you got on Mike's range when Gretna was training. Perhaps you saw a class of recruits training ?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My Mom was born and raised in New Orleans . They played in City Park at night and put a homemade boat in Bayou St. John . Apparently it was a wonderful place to grow up back in the 30's and 40's .
    She told me so many stories about life there and I know she missed her home after they moved to BR around 1950 or so .
    I still have family there but I avoid the place at all costs . The Zoo, Aquarium , and WWII museum are the only reasons I went back in recent years and I'm done with those as well . I won't disparage anyone's home but it's just not for me .

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My Mom was born and raised in New Orleans . They played in City Park at night and put a homemade boat in Bayou St. John . Apparently it was a wonderful place to grow up back in the 30's and 40's .
    She told me so many stories about life there and I know she missed her home after they moved to BR around 1950 or so .
    I still have family there but I avoid the place at all costs . The Zoo, Aquarium , and WWII museum are the only reasons I went back in recent years and I'm done with those as well . I won't disparage anyone's home but it's just not for me .
    I grew up in NOLA til I was 18. The lakefront, the parks, the food, the music, Mardi Gras, the FQ, and the people. It was awesome, Iived off Carrolton and Claiborne and could go anywhere by public transportation. Bus or streetcar. I have so many memories, good memories. Me and my buddy would get on the Carrolton bus with our fishing poles and 5 gallon white buckets to go fish at the lakefront on the weekends. We were like < age 13. I caught a 5 lb 4 oz bass at City Park when I was age 10, still have the mounted fish on my wall today.

Today I don't step foot in NOLA. Just not worth it. Too much crime, too much violence. 1 out of 7 drivers do not have liability insurance in NOLA. For a while the NOPD wouldn't even respond to traffic accident without personal injuries. Its their city now, and the queen. *uck em!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Lived on the west bank (Algiers) until I was age 9. Brectel Park was my home away from home. I remember hurricane Betsy flooding our streets big time. I walked to school about a mile, 1st through 3rd grade, St Andrews the Apostle. Very few children walk to school anymore. Their parents drive them and pick them up after. Worried somebody might hurt them, or abduct them. Totally different world today then 55 years ago. Way more hazardous.

Last edited:

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I personally know, and have shot with several Gretna Police Officers. All fine shots.

I'm reminded of the criminal who was trying to run down Gretna Cops under the Expressway.
    One shot of .45 ACP, thru a moving windshield changed the bad guys mind, . . . to the back seat.

Not sure how you got on Mike's range when Gretna was training. Perhaps you saw a class of recruits training ?
    Didnt go on "Mike's range". I've been at other ranges when guys who happen to be Gretna, JP, NOPD, etc... cops were there shooting. Mike's range isn't the only range a cop can shoot at dude. Sorry, but from what I've seen, JPSO is about the only agency in the metro area, where I've been "wowed" by the accuracy an officer shoots with.

Full disclaimer for the "wise guys"........ I base this opinion solely on what I've personally seen when meeting people who happen to work for the different agencies.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    That's a heck of a good shot, moving vehicle. Shoot your eye out. Or your brain :)
    That was a good shot. That was legitimately impressive.... Being the skeptic I naturally am however, I wonder if that particular person could do it again if need be or if he got lucky.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Didnt go on "Mike's range". I've been at other ranges when guys who happen to be Gretna, JP, NOPD, etc... cops were there shooting. Mike's range isn't the only range a cop can shoot at dude. Sorry, but from what I've seen, JPSO is about the only agency in the metro area, where I've been "wowed" by the accuracy an officer shoots with.

Full disclaimer for the "wise guys"........ I base this opinion solely on what I've personally seen when meeting people who happen to work for the different agencies.
    I'm sorry. This part of your first statement on the matter, "If you have ever been to a training class or a range where Gretna cops were actually shooting, . . . " somehow gave me the impression that you had witnessed the Gretna PD in training.
    My mistake, obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom