Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero 9/11/2011

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The mosque in Baton Rouge calls itself an "Islamic Center" but it is still a mosque.

Ah, I see. It's a "combo thingie". A Cultural Center WITH a Mosque. Either way, they should be sensitive to US public - especially in NYC... I mean, c'mon. It's like me opening a US Citizen Soldier Cultural Center in Fallujah... Not bright, no? :confused:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Ah, I see. It's a "combo thingie". A Cultural Center WITH a Mosque. Either way, they should be sensitive to US public - especially in NYC... I mean, c'mon. It's like me opening a US Citizen Soldier Cultural Center in Fallujah... Not bright, no? :confused:

No, but the Fallujah center would go over much better than a Salvation Army Thrift Store in Mecca. ;)

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Brilliant!!!!!

They'd be pissed at me because I'd speak to them, "a salaam a laikem, brother" and then pull out my damned good Honeybaked Ham sandwich on wheat with stone ground mustard. And I'd whip their asses if they made me drop it, too. Would be a Fallujah III... Can't waste a good sandwich and you shouldn't f#$k with a brother's food! :rofl::mamoru:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I think I read somewhere that one floor of the multi-story building will contain the mosque.

On another forum somebody had posted this story and in reply I made a comment and I posted a youtube version of Darrel Worley's "Have You Forgotten". On the songs comment section I mentioned the Manhattan Council's 29-1 vote on this subject and that I thought it was pretty sad.

I get an e-mail from some bed-wetting lib saying that I should be more tolerant (think Michael Savage pronunciation :rolleyes:).

I e-mailed him back and explained to him the story behind the name of the center, which is The Cordoba House.
    Cordoba is the name of a Spanish mosque that was built on the site of a church that was conquered when the Muslims took Spain in the 8th century.

It seems that "the peaceful religion of Islam" has the habit of building mosque on the site of their victories. Kinda like a dog pissing on a tree. :rolleyes:

I also sent him the link below. I know that its Wiki and therefore has issues and is suspect, but, it does make my case on why they want to build a mosque so close to the WTC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_of_non-Muslim_places_of_worship_into_mosques

Art

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom