Mossberg 500 questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I have a Mossberg 500 breacher that I put an overfolding stock on. I found a working shell holder that mounts on the underside of the stock. However I want to find a side shell holder that fits with the stock when it is folded on top. I bought a TacStar 4 shot holder but the edge came up too high at the rear of the receiver and prevented the stock from folding over. Can anyone suggest one that will work with that stock? Also, I put a heat shield on it and misplaced the packaging. There was a little strip of plastic that they said to place under the heatshield at the front. Is that piece necessary? If so, any suggestions on what to replace it with?

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Did you look at mesa? Pricey but its slim so it doesnt stick up high like tacstar. You can look at ATI as well. If its the shells hitting it will likely be an issue with any as they use the same holes for mounting

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Yeah then the mesa or ATI should work for you. I went with the tacstar also and I know what youre talking about. I really wanted the mesa

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    LOL. too late I ordered the ATI. thanks for the suggestion. I'll post a pic once I get it mounted. should be here tomorrow. do you know anything about heat shield mounting? can i just bolt the shiled down wihtout the little piece of plastic on the front?

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Yeah do that. Unfortunately no. I want an actual mossberg shield for mine and keep putting it off. I went with mossberg ghost ring too and those are geeting harder to find. Seems like most of the heat shields are polymer now. Is it a spacer to keep it from sitting on the barrel?

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I have a mossberg one already. It was a bear to get on because of the breacher on it. I'll probably just try and find something to replace the spacer. If that doesn't work I'll start over.

Top Bottom