Mossberg Shockwave Reviews

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Has anyone had personal experience with these? My inclination was to treat it as one of the periodic gun gimmicks that pop up, but held one the other day and I can see it being a useful niche gun, assuming such a short shotgun-like weapon can be fired reasonably accurately. Any thoughts or personal impressions appreciated.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    They’re fun and handy in my opinion. I bought in when they were pretty cheap though. The 12 and 20 I have were $269. The .410 was considerably more but it’s my favorite. Best snake gun I’ve ever had. I own a number of pistol gripped shotguns and have shot a lot over the years so I had no problem making the Shockwave work for me. I’d say it’ll take some practice before you find yourself hitting targets with ease.
    They also work well with the OpSol plug and short shells.
    Also, if you have any doubt about recoil, the 20ga will be your best bet if you can find one.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If you get the Remington Tac 14 instead, you can use the mini shells in conjunction with 2 3/4".

They're far from useless. Biggest drawback is limited capacity and difficult reloads.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you get the Remington Tac 14 instead, you can use the mini shells in conjunction with 2 3/4".

They're far from useless. Biggest drawback is limited capacity and difficult reloads.
    What’s your opinion on current production Remington? The few modes I’ve come across recently have had terrible fit and finish.

Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Appreciate the commentary. I’m inclined to pick one up in the 12. If any casual observers have one they want to sell, drop me a line.

miscverb

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Destrehan LA
    the shockwave 590s is awesome and very versatile. Being able to shoot full size shells or mini shells, it is the best of ALL worlds. Easy to shoot, accurate beyond belief for what it is, and plenty of after market parts if needed.

Last edited:

Plw8

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    Covington
    Love mine! I took the chainsaw cocker off and went with a streamlight pressure pad cocker. Also put a adjustable butt stock. I have the chainsaw cocker if anyone is interested.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I have the Tac 14 im 12ga and I LOVE it. Despite common opinion, you can in fact cheek or get the gun out in front of you and safely and accurately land shots with some practice. Demonstrated Concepts and Saurez International have some great videos on the topic. The guys from LuckyGunner and Forgotten Weapons weren't intially fans but have recently changed their minds on the stockless shotguns being a gimmick gun. I have two crappy shoulders and I can still handle it and ring steel with slugs and buckshot at 25 yards. If you're an experienced shotgunner you'll have a great time with it.

Top Bottom