Most common .40 s&w target round

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • js95gt

Got Glock?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Walker
    I was wondering what most of yall like to shoot at the range? Looking for something that won't break the bank, so that my wife and I can get in some good practice.

Zeek

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Denham Springs
    That is kind of light, how does the recoil feel. I'v ben loading 175 lswc and 185 black bullets

Umm, does not seem bad, but I have been loading the 155 lead and plated for years. I just got the 135gr in and have not loaded them yet.

My wife shoots the 155s since it is "her" gun and I think they are loaded pretty hot since the more recent loads on the website for Bullseye are a bit lighter.

That is what I use, Bullseye and CCI SPP. I have used the same components for 9mm and 38 special in the past.

Derek

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    We tried the bullseye and found it to be a very dirty powder, we switched to power pistol. It burns much cleaner than the bullseye. With a medium load of power pistol we're still getting a bit of a flash, but the muzzle isn't completely brown within 100 shots like it was with the bullseye.

js95gt

Got Glock?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Walker
    It's hard to beat Wally World's prices on target ammo, Winchester White Box (WWB) or Blazer. You may save a few bucks ordering online if you can find anything in stock.

I found the blazer brass in the denham walmart last night. I think they were out of just about everything else except .40. I went ahead and bought 4 boxes.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Good deal, Blazer Brass is great ammo. I noticed the same thing last night at the Covington Walmart...they were completely out of Blazer except for .40, which they dozens of boxes of. :dunno:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom