Most Reliable Polymer Striker Fired Handguns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aviator31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2022
    Lafayette, LA
    Looking to get a new handgun. What are your guys opinions on the most reliable polymer handgun. Im looking at the Walther PDP, CZ P-10 C, Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 and Berett APX A1. Thanks

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    As they said Glock and I prefer the Gen 5.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    All of them are reliable. Find an indoor range that rents out guns and try them all. My pick would be a Sig 320

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Looking to get a new handgun. What are your guys opinions on the most reliable polymer handgun. Im looking at the Walther PDP, CZ P-10 C, Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 and Berett APX A1. Thanks

Of those mentioned, I only have the Beretta and the CZ. They’re both very decent pistols with the CZ being my favorite for feel and function. They’re both nimble and the ergos are great compared to the Glock 19, which is basically what they’re both likened to. I got them both at Family Firearms for the price and no tax/low shipping. The beretta mags were like $16.

Attachments

• F88C58DC-1666-4C51-B243-5FB6BB6B449C.png
      F88C58DC-1666-4C51-B243-5FB6BB6B449C.png
      3.6 MB · Views: 52
    • 4CBA9C61-5227-4C87-AFEC-7638015E472D.png
      4CBA9C61-5227-4C87-AFEC-7638015E472D.png
      456.6 KB · Views: 53
    Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I vote for M&P 2.0 but I would make sure to get one with the new bladed trigger and not the hinged one. My 1.0 went bang a lot with no issues that were not maintenance related. Shot a few comps with that one. Upgraded to 2.0 and no issues with that one either.

I would second the rent/borrow the guns you are interested in and shoot them as they all have different ergos and some fit better than others. M&P felt best in my hand so that is what I went with.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    If you are curious how "bad" stock guns are, go look on youtube at trex arms, Taran Bulter and the list goes on. See what those guys do with all the guns right out the box that have "bad sight", "bad triggers" etc. Then youll see how bias the community it and how bad most lack training and an open mind.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you are curious how "bad" stock guns are, go look on youtube at trex arms, Taran Bulter and the list goes on. See what those guys do with all the guns right out the box that have "bad sight", "bad triggers" etc. Then youll see how bias the community it and how bad most lack training and an open mind.

Do you actually think all the Professional Sponsored Shooters use stock OEM pistols in competition?
    I have never seen anyone shoot worse with an enhanced trigger.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Most professionals do not shoot with all OEM parts as you implied.
    I didn't imply that. I literally said see what they do with guns right out the box. Taran has videos of stock guns being ran on his channel and trex arms literally takes a stock gun out the case and runs it. I accept they usually don't run anything close to an oem gun but that has nothing to do with my posts.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I didn't imply that. I literally said see what they do with guns right out the box. Taran has videos of stock guns being ran on his channel and trex arms literally takes a stock gun out the case and runs it. I accept they usually don't run anything close to an oem gun but that has nothing to do with my posts.

That is the way your post appeared to me about the pro's running OEM pistols. All is well

Top Bottom