Most Reliable Polymer Striker Fired Handguns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    The vast majority of modern striker fired guns you buy today are going to be reliable for the most part. I prefer Glocks. I also really like the apx and M&P line of pistols. My only gripe with the M&P’s are the awful hinged trigger that some of them have. They are absolutely terrible imo and for me personally a deal breaker. I much prefer the consistent clean break of a Glock trigger any day.

On a budget my votes would be the Beretta apx, canik tp9 series, or the Taurus G3C. I will say personally I’ve had good luck with two different copies of the G3C but I’ve heard many people say they have one that won’t run jhp. I carried my first one for a little while because I liked it so much but honestly I don’t think I’d carry one again or make one my main carry gun.

LouisianaJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Luling, Louisiana
    Go to a range that rents handguns and try several. They will all go bang but find one that fits you. My problem is that I like most of them and that makes a decision difficult. So, I bought several different brands.

If you are a beginner, take some classes before you decide. Training and practice are necessary to shoot your best.

I am 77 and I still practice as much as possible.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Looking to get a new handgun. What are your guys opinions on the most reliable polymer handgun. Im looking at the Walther PDP, CZ P-10 C, Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 and Berett APX A1. Thanks
    Beretta APX M1. Walther has some minor issues with optic plates and lack of mean round between failure. CZ and MP I have not seen the mean rounds between failure. I would go with SIG P320 myself if you are looking for the most reliable striker fired polymer pistol. Glock is probably more reliable but considering you are looking at Walther I would guess you're not interested.

Top Bottom