Muzzle device application

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garrett316

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2018
    Springfield, LA
    I am looking at getting into the suppressor world and got it narrowed down to a dead air sandman and a dead air nomad 30. One of my deciding factors is I like to have the least amount of screw on applications as possible, which leads me towards the sandman but that would force me to add a muzzle device to multiple rifles. So my question is what is the cost to put a muzzle device on a rifle and how much to pin and weld a muzzle device on?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Cost is subjective.

If you do it yourself and get some tools, Rockset, and an upper clamp it's not that bad. If you do it yourself just get the proper reaction rod (I have written about them on here before).

You can also bring it to a gun shop and have them install it for a cost. That comes with a risk that they are YouTube warriors and have no clue, which is unfortunately common.

You can bring it to a Gunsmith with actual proper tools (Reulet Gun Works) who will install it properly timed, and can also pin and weld if it's a short barrel

Three options.

Edit:....Also make sure you check for concentricity of the muzzle device after the install. Hardly anyone does this, and YouTube installation shops don't even know what the term means, much less how to properly check it. Crush washers are a big no-no. Must be peel washers. And not all devices or barrels are suitable. Make sure you check it with the proper device, or bring it to a shop (like mine) that can check for proper alignment before you install your expensive silencer and have a baffle strike.

Top Bottom