My boy made me proud today!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    First of all let me start by saying thanks to Owen502 for making it all possible. http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15142&highlight=boat
    So today was my companies annual fishing tournament and needless to say my 12 year old son won the competition by catching the biggest fish. He caught a Black Drum that weighed in at 19.4, 10lbs more than the next fish. Needless to say I think I was happier than him when I seen it landed in the boat. Going into today he had only caught a single fish that weighed probably a 1/4 lb it was a catfish, today he caught a drum, croakers, needle fish, had a nice spec out the water and lost it.

So to summarize Owen was extremely helpful in making today possible and I am a pround poppa right now. He got the biggest trophy and will make my companies worldwide quaterly magazine.

Here is a pic of the three of us in front of Owne's nice ass rig
    IMG_1574.jpg

Here is a pic where I think you can see the genuine I am extremely happy smile on my son's face.
    IMG_1569.jpg

Oh yeah we placed in some other categories too. The tournament was ran out of Bayou Bienvenue. See Tim that was the entire boat/crew: Owen "The guide", myself and my son. We did get skunked on Red's though.
    IMG_1570.jpg

I have been up since before 3 we were in the water before 5 and I started drinking a few hours ago while cleaning fish so I will clean up my grammar in the morning if needed.

Oh yeah just in door prizes us three and my wife we claimed $75 in Academy gift cards, $50 Joe's Crab Shack gift cards, an ice chest, 2 life jackets, and a fillet knife set. So it was a good time and we got more prizes than we spen on entry fees.

Thanks again Owen

Last edited:

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Congratulations to your son. That is an awesome fish. But I'd be willing to bet the time you spent together was worth more than the fish.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    It was an absolute pleasure taking ya'll out fishing. I am glad we had a good catch. What we lacked in quantity, we made up for it with size and variety. We caught specks, black drum, flounder, croakers, hardheads, oyster fish, needlefish, sheephead, and a crab. I think the only thing out there we did not catch was a redfish. I love taking people out fishing, especially kids. Just like shooting, if you don't get the kids involved, the sport loses a little. It was really great watching him catch that monster. I really thought it was going to either rip the rod from his hands or pull him in.

Get a picture with that trophy sometime. I am sure those guys from work got some.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    Congrats, man I thought I caught a big red but that is twice the size of mine. Congrats to all three of you. After seeing that I will keep quite about mine. I know that is one happy young man. I bet ya'll had to go buy new hats because the old ones won't fit anymore.:hi5::hi5:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Speaking of hats, the one my son is wearing is a US military issued hat, the emblem is a dove with an olive branch. I wore that hat for everything until my hair grew long and now it dont fit. Want to guess where it is worn as part of the uniform in the world? From some of my old post I am sure it can be figured out.

Top Bottom