My dilemma......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The first pistol I ever bought was an H&K USPc .40 SA/DA w/decocker. I still own the gun. Since that pistol I bought an xd .45 and G36 .45 and have come to the conclusion that I don't like the SA/DA system. I like the consisent trigger pull on glocks and such. I've thought about selling the H&K but honestly i'm kinda attached.

So my question is, has anyone switched a USPc from V1 to the LEM trigger system? Is it comparable to glocks in that the first thru the last pull are consistent and does anyone use glocks/xd's with the H&K LEM guns interchangeably?

Or should I sell the gun??

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    The first pistol I ever bought was an H&K USPc .40 SA/DA w/decocker. I still own the gun. Since that pistol I bought an xd .45 and G36 .45 and have come to the conclusion that I don't like the SA/DA system. I like the consisent trigger pull on glocks and such. I've thought about selling the H&K but honestly i'm kinda attached.

So my question is, has anyone switched a USPc from V1 to the LEM trigger system? Is it comparable to glocks in that the first thru the last pull are consistent and does anyone use glocks/xd's with the H&K LEM guns interchangeably?

Or should I sell the gun??

Pffft!
    Those F'n Krauts don't know how to build firearms! Tell ya what, bring it this sunday to the BZ and I'll take that worthless German POS off yer hands!:rofl:

Seriously, my USPf is SA/DA but my P2000SK is LEM. I really like the LEM, but also am quite used to the USP trigger. If it were me, I'd probably sell it and go for the newer P2000 rather than the hassle of a trigger system change. But then the Hk .45's are nice and the new P30 is sweeeeeet.:drool:

Dave

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Pffft!
    Those F'n Krauts don't know how to build firearms! Tell ya what, bring it this sunday to the BZ and I'll take that worthless German POS off yer hands!:rofl:

Seriously, my USPf is SA/DA but my P2000SK is LEM. I really like the LEM, but also am quite used to the USP trigger. If it were me, I'd probably sell it and go for the newer P2000 rather than the hassle of a trigger system change. But then the Hk .45's are nice and the new P30 is sweeeeeet.:drool:

Dave

Oh yea, I forgot I entertained the P2000 as a 3rd option. :D Seriously though, is a trigger change a big hassle?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    They list the details of the trigger change over at hkpro.com

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63083

Looks like a pretty big deal. If you think you can do it maybe you can do mine too? :)

I tried an LEM trigger on a USP at Jim's Firearms here in BTR and at first found it a little strange since I've owned nothing but SA/DA USPs my whole adult life. But for the next few days I found myself daydreaming about the smooth light pull. I've never fired a Glock so I can't compare but if you want a looong light pull that's consistent every time I think the LEM is the answer. Personally, I like carrying my variant 1 USP Compact Tactical cocked and locked.

If you make it to Baton Rouge, stop by Jim's. They have an LEM USP there. Not all of the salesmen are knowledgeable on the HKs so you might have to shuffle through a few to find the LEM on your own (they have a bunch of HKs). If I remember correctly, it was the one with the Jet Funnel installed.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Oh yea, I forgot I entertained the P2000 as a 3rd option. :D Seriously though, is a trigger change a big hassle?

No firsthand experience, so can't really say. But just looking at my USP trigger mechanism, doesn't appear to be a quick/easy swap. But, again, I could be totally wrong.

Try www.hkpro.com . There are many threads about LEM conversions there.

Personaly, I'd still sell and go P2K/P2KSK .40.

Before I bought mine, I went back and forth daily between the USPc and the P2K's. Finally settled on the P2SK and love it. If you're at the BZ this sunday you're more than welcome to try it out.

Dave

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    No firsthand experience, so can't really say. But just looking at my USP trigger mechanism, doesn't appear to be a quick/easy swap. But, again, I could be totally wrong.

Try www.hkpro.com . There are many threads about LEM conversions there.

Personaly, I'd still sell and go P2K/P2KSK .40.

Before I bought mine, I went back and forth daily between the USPc and the P2K's. Finally settled on the P2SK and love it. If you're at the BZ this sunday you're more than welcome to try it out.

Dave

I was planning on being at the BZ sunday but it's looks like i'm stuck working. Lucky me. :mad:

Top Bottom