my new bow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    well,i bought my first bow today

a Parker Spitfire :D

l95wtqjr4ggwqo8712qd.jpg

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Nice bow. I want to get a bow so I can have almost another month to the deer season!

Watch batonrouge.craigslist.org and louisianasportsman.com for classifieds. I'm sure you'll see an abundance of Bows going up for sale in 2 more weeks.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    well,i bought my first bow today

a Parker Spitfire :D

l95wtqjr4ggwqo8712qd.jpg

Good looking bow. First thing I would tell you to do is get rid of those rubber silencers as they are just going to fall apart after less than 100 shots. Get you a pair of limb savers and a pair of (what I call) Spider Silencers (looks like a bunch of rubber strings tied on the bow string. If your bow is not falling forward after you shoot then get a stabilizer and make sure that there is rubber making contact with the front of the bow as the stabilizer will also be a noise suppressor. I only suggest these things to help in silencing the bow for when you are hunting.

Otherwise just get out there and practice practice practice. :D

And let me know if you want to meet up at Waddell's or Highland Rd Park to do some shooting one weekend.

tb2

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    BR, LA
    Nice looking bow. Looks way more expensive and alot nicer than my bow, but i got a good deal on mine. Its been a while since i have shot, i need to get back to the highland road park and get back into it.

tb2

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    BR, LA
    Oh ya. Its on the lower half of the park, next to the lower baseball fields. If your heading away from siegan towards blue bayou area on highland, when you start passing the park, look to the right. When you start heading up the hill on highland, look down and you will see it down there. If i recal right ( its been a while, my memory is hazy) there is two picknick tables, and a couple benches, and of course the targets. It starts at 15 yards? And goes to i thinik maybe 80? Like i said, its been a while.

tb2

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    BR, LA
    Ive shot there 3 times now, twice with my uncle, and once by myself. Heck i should be going more than i do, its less than 2 miles from my house.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Get all the time in at Highland Rd while you can. They are getting ready to tear down that archery range and turn it into a dog park thanks in part to the owner of Raising Cane's.

Top Bottom