My new M&P9c

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    Just thought I would show off my new purchase a little bit. I got it at the Kenner gun show yesterday along with a big box of practice ammo, some SD ammo, ammo box, and cheap holster for now. I had done my research and held my main contenders( not able to rent them..) and knew what I wanted. I wish it was that easy though.

Did some haggling/ walking on price for a while. Then go to do paperwork and forget that license is not my new address, so have to make some phone calls/ trip to the car to check for mail. Luckily I live in New Orleans and was able to have a friend meet me to bring me some mail. I did make friends with the older lady and gentleman(Don and Darlene) at the booth where I purchased the gun(Diversion Enterprises) and had a great experience overall. Another odd thing that happened is after I bought it Darlene asked me about my friend in the orange shirt, to which I replied I was only there with my gf, who was also with me the whole time and I had not seen any of my friends that day. She then told me he was kinda following me around the area, and then when I had to make phone calls for the mail, the guy approached her and asked if/why I had not passed my background check. She said she could not say. IDK, just odd. Maybe he was looking for the M&P9c too? It was the only one at the show I saw, and I looked HARD... Maybe he was worried about his own background check? oh well, had fun and made some new friends.

I am going to shoot it this week hopefully. Now for the good stuff

Attachments

• 2011-06-25_17-36-06_561.jpg
      2011-06-25_17-36-06_561.jpg
      224 KB · Views: 57
    • 2011-06-26_12-23-19_618.jpg
      2011-06-26_12-23-19_618.jpg
      217.8 KB · Views: 50
    • 2011-06-26_12-24-25_797.jpg
      2011-06-26_12-24-25_797.jpg
      217.2 KB · Views: 43
    • 2011-06-26_12-30-54_966.jpg
      2011-06-26_12-30-54_966.jpg
      223.7 KB · Views: 54

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    Congrats, they are great guns. I've carried an M&P-9c daily for a couple of years now.

Thanks. I pretty much bought this for the same purpose. It is my first handgun(that I purchased for myself). I haven't ordered my IWB yet, but I am really happy with the size and feel so far. I am pretty sure shooting it will only make me happier!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I highly recommend the Comptac MTAC. Once you get it adjusted and broken in, you will forget you're carrying!

What is the exact model number (should be 209304, 209004 or 109004) and manufacture date on your new M&P?

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    I highly recommend the Comptac MTAC. Once you get it adjusted and broken in, you will forget you're carrying!

What is the exact model number (should be 209304, 209004 or 109004) and manufacture date on your new M&P?

That was the holster I planned to get as well. Good reviews, good price, adjustable, seems great.

model 209304, no safeties. Date on the fired speer round is 4-5-10, serial DUJ****

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    model 209304, no safeties. Date on the fired speer round is 4-5-10, serial DUJ****

Very nice. The M&P's without all the safety BS are getting hard to find, you got lucky! :cool:

They've made some revisions to them over the years, but yours *should* be updated. The main things to look for are the number "9" on top of the mag followers, and make sure your striker is silver in color. They also updated the sear plunger/housing design, but you'd have to remove the sear housing to check yours.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    Very nice. The M&P's without all the safety BS are getting hard to find, you got lucky! :cool:

They've made some revisions to them over the years, but yours *should* be updated. The main things to look for are the number "9" on top of the mag followers, and make sure your striker is silver in color. They also updated the sear plunger/housing design, but you'd have to remove the sear housing to check yours.

They are definitely getting hard to find, and I was excited to find this one. Was a little more than some places on the internet, stock pending, but I feel like it is worth it to hold the exact one in my hand, deal with real people who are local, and get it the same day.

I do have "9"s on my followers and a silver striker. I knew that there were revisions but thought that most had been worked out for the 2010s, though I also know they are perfecting the design all the time. I don't forsee any problems, and if I do, that is why I bought S&W. I have not heard one bad thing about their customer service and that makes me feel good.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Thanks. I pretty much bought this for the same purpose. It is my first handgun(that I purchased for myself). I haven't ordered my IWB yet, but I am really happy with the size and feel so far. I am pretty sure shooting it will only make me happier!

Try the Low Rider:
    http://rmholsters.com/store/

Order both (or more) holsters, sell the one you like least for ten bucks less. You'll be way above the curve if you try a few holsters out when you first start to carry.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I have never used the Comptac MTAC, and I'm sure it's a great holster as well, but I use the Crossbreed Supertuck. Very comfortable. Might be worth a look as well.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    i have heard that it is very easy to take out the manual tumb safety on the m&p's, is this true?

Yep, mine was originally a thumb safety model. You simply pull out the sear housing, remove the safety and fill in the notches in the frame with plugs. You can buy them from S&W, IIRC they were about $6.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    Yep, mine was originally a thumb safety model. You simply pull out the sear housing, remove the safety and fill in the notches in the frame with plugs. You can buy them from S&W, IIRC they were about $6.

I have also heard this was the case, and there was a thumb safety model alongside the one I purchased. The main gun I grew up shooting was a G27, so I just do not feel the need for them, and I am usually one to like options....

Snake207

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Helena, AL
    Excellent choice!
    Here's my primary EDC rig - M&Pc 9mm with all the Apex goodies (DCAEK, RAM, and USB).
    Comp Tac MTAC holster.

DSC_0132.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom