my new toy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Ordered a Lee Load Master progressive kit along with a primer feeder, primers, some brass, and bullets. I read a ton of good reviews and the only negative stuff was about some small plastic pieces that have to occasionally be replaced (under <$5 IIRC). I can not justify the price of a Dillon so I went with this one instead.

Is there a certain machine I need to buy to take the old primers out of my once fired range pick ups or do I do that by hand?

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Do any of you have this press? I was looking at some of the accessories and wondered if they are necessary or not. I ordered the primer feeder already that attaches to the press, but was not sure if I should order the bullet feeder. I figure it will be easy enough to hold it in place while I move the press. Someone also suggested to me to get a digital caliper to measure the total length. Anything else?

This is the press
    http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=161975

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I'd hold off on the bullet feed till you get comfortable with the rig. I have never full length sized straight wall cases. If they get too long, toss them.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    I know the Lee uses a disc system but I'd recommend a scale to measure/check your powder charge. The calipers are handy to meaure/check the overall length of a loaded round and I use it to measure my taper crimp.
    Get a good loading manual, The Lyman manual, usually available at Cabela's is a good one. It has lots of good info for the beginning loader.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom