My thread disappeared

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I had a WTS thread posted in the general outdoor/ shooting classified section. The item I listed for sale is a wheeler armors wrench. When looking for the thread to bump it, it’s gone completely. I had photos of the item as well as a price listed. Reviewing the rules I can see I did not violate any. Was my thread just deleted or what happened? Anyone?

I had to create a second one now. That is not the original. My original thread was created on 1/29/23 at approximately 1900.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I can see all of the posts in each group and all of the posts listed on your profile, even the deleted ones. I cannot find the original post for the wrench although I'm pretty sure I did see it when it was posted. I try to look at all the ads. I saw one that was edited to say gone. I am able to see the edit history and that one wasn't for the wrench. I don't have a good answer for what could have happened to it.

Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Very odd. I’ve noticed a handful of post recently that have disappeared that did not violate any rules. For example a member was asking about a p365 fire control unit having issues getting it back together. Someone responded with a YouTube video that later disappeared completely.

John_

Shooter
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Very odd. I’ve noticed a handful of post recently that have disappeared that did not violate any rules. For example a member was asking about a p365 fire control unit having issues getting it back together. Someone responded with a YouTube video that later disappeared completely.
    I have seen two threads I know for sure just vanished on BS. There was a complete thread in the Class III section that simply vanished this past late Sunday/early Monday. There was another 4 or 5 weeks ago, and I PM'd Austin about it. He did some research and gave me some odd reasoning. The PMs are still in my inbox. I also viewed your initial posts in classifieds. One for the wrench and one for the AR receiver block. So my question is why did one ad vaporize yet the other survived? Seems to be a pretty common phenomenon lately on BS.

falshooter

May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    1675776634749.png

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Under your posts, the only posts that show up are the one for the vice block and the one that has been changed to gone.
    posts001.png

When a post is edited, those edits are logged. We can see all the versions of posts. The one changed to gone looks like it was for punches.
    posts002.png

Sorting the group by the date of first post doesn't show the wrench thread. There's just 2 from you and 1 from someone else on that day. Deleted posts also show up in my view. Deleted posts aren't deleted from the database. They're just flagged as "don't show."
    posts003.png

Top Bottom